Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brainstorm: What change(s) would excite you to play?
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:54 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Caric
Loyalty token redeem 5 seppuku. To get around jail time. Perhaps only usable in jail. Could go with a script about taunting a guard to kill you. Would be particularly useful if you could use loyalty tokens on the character that earned them.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:14 am 
Mortal

Battle sheep, small sized. Can climb mountains.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:54 am 
Mortal

Limited higher level starting character.

This character would be for easier jumping into RP for returning players. It would let newer players test various classes to see what fits them. Let old returning players see the changes in the world easier.(more incitement to return)

Basically: A creation flag/option to start a limited higher level character at creation after you answer 'no' to the "Are you new at Shattered Kingdoms" prompt.

You get an option to start a character like normal but enters the game as an Apprentice(1)/Journeyman(1) with the extra 8-10 attribute points and average skills/spell levels.

The character would need to be level limited {expert(5)/mentor(5)?}

Might need to flag certain skills/spells as locked. (prevent Resurrection abuse? Flagged characters not allow to teach skills/spells?)

XX amount of loyalty tokens could undo the flag and let the player continue as normal.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
On these boost/test characters, perhaps PvP should be disabled. Can't roll a rogue and catch a backstab and then bounce.
The ideas I like best so far, in no particular order:

Test characters for new players.
Expanding LT's for added bonuses.
Territory-based tribunal warfare!!
LT's usable on the character that earned them.
Wiseman or some way to invoke PvE.
Pvp restrictions lifted.
Penalty cap for any offenders. Lighter max penalty. (Site banning is not helping our numbers)
Place holder items. Npc's hold a 'ghost' copy of their item after original is taken.
Imm dungeon master? Possibly make things interesting, but the players should be there to shape the world around them. Dungeon master might make this restrictive. I remember the Imm participation in the battle for Grahme was excellent, imo.
Also general tweaks to current classes and races. (Use polls for player input on the potential changes)

A lot of great ideas so far. Some, not so good.
P-wipe? Lulz. Um, no. Idk if I'd play after having 1700 hours thrown out against my will.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 2:31 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
And I really wanna push two of these things.

Wiseman: make pve more available. Just get us going on the right track for end game pve.

Territories: each country has some revamped areas with a boss at the end. If you own a territory outside your country, you get some bonus. Something to incentivize capturing territories. It will give a different venue for pvp. Skirmishes in city streets is all we really get now days. It will give pvp more purpose and give the RP that is so essential.
Note: Ayamao and the Wastes are neutral areas normally. But they can be captured for whatever incentive bonus we come up with. Territories reset at monthly reboot.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:39 pm 
Mortal

Hi, I love this game, and I wish more people played.

I think when people choose whether or not they want to log onto SK, they justify the time spent versus productivity, right? The same logic process behind why we do anything. Some examples in random order may include the following:
- Are there people to interact with?
- Are there areas to explore? Loot to gather?
- Are there characters to PK?
- Are there characters that can potentially PK me?

I believe changes we make should be aimed at retaining the player base, by giving incentives for logging on and do something, because:
- Most of the characters that log on recently are all Grandmasters - therefore, Happy Hour provides minimal incentives.
- Most of the characters that log on recently are Heroes and/or Paragons - therefore, most likely won't get more enlightenments and with the leadership positions (automatically earning tokens) there is no need to go out of the way to earn tokens.
- Some characters can log on but won't, because greatly outnumbered - therefore, no point, other things to do, plenty of free games, free shows to watch, go outside, etc..

I think if you spend time implementing features such as duelling, it will be fun for a while, then the novelty wears off. Same deal if you implement vampires as a race and ninja as a class. There are limited imms with limited time so we cannot churn out areas monthly.
- Most of the characters have seen the end-game areas by now.
- Most difficult areas in SK are defeated by 2 classes, mercenary and priest. Besides the mandatory lock picking classes.
- Almost everyone has seen all kinds of different combinations of RP.

SK is a harsh game. When killed and looted, it takes time to recover. The enchanting changes was a step in the right direction (imho). Now that twinking is at minimum, it comes down to loot. While there are exceptions to the rule, people (player characters) don't mind being killed nearly as much losing that nicely enchanted suit of armor, weapon, and/or trinkets.
- Most people who play would participate in PvP more if there is some safety net.
- Most people would participate if they have a fighting chance.

These are the changes I hope to see:

- More quests that are similar/comparable to the Pilgrimage and Dragon Slaying quests. More of these, please! Very elaborated long quests with worthwhile, life-time reward for that character. Pilgrimage reward useable by anyone who completes the quest. Not useable by other characters that have not completed the quest. Maybe in the future even make them personalised. Please make repeating these quests worthwhile for those that have already done them too.

- Re-evaluate incentives for playing SK / having a longevity character in association with loyalty tokens, please. Leadership positions should be given to those that want to do so, not because it lets them earn loyalty tokens automatically. It is unhealthy for the game for people to go for leadership positions because they give tokens.

- Incentives for longevity in SK should be something similar to: 1-10 years of serving the Hammer, you get a suit of tanso-steel armor with slight magical protection. 11-20 years of serving the Hammer, you get adamantite suit of armor with moderate enchantments. 30+ years you get other enchantments on top. Characters can go gather rare crafting materials in SK world and have them crafted in case of PvP looting. This is already in the game in some aspects. Give us reasons to be online and tangible stuff to work toward.

- We have the right ideas for Cabal HQ defense but we still need to work on City defense. Most veterans would tell you that it takes 1 to 2 capable player characters to defend a Cabal HQ, and historically this is true. Please make it so City defenders that are outnumbered have a chance. Guard NPCs at 'home' should have more hitpoints and/or fighting abilities, and scaled accordingly when on the attack.

- You have played RPGs before. Not all player character purchasable henchmen are the same class. Warriors get healers, healers get warriors, or bowmen, etc.. In SK we just get meatshields. Bounty/Guard NPCs should be the same level and same equipment, save different names/descriptions. Join for the RP not because Lazeran has energy pike. Again, this is already happening with Cabals.

- Do the same thing with pets in SK, please. At the moment after extensive testing personally it comes down to 1-2 worthwhile pets. You more or less know which pet to buy when it is the one Finney keeps in company. This is the same story we had long ago with the wyverns (?). Please standardise the pets. The non-flying ones capable of bash should have so much hitpoints. The flying ones should have this much. There is so much diversity in SK and at the moment it comes down to 1-2 pets.

- Get rid of bounty guards draining and having to make coin to fill the coffer, please. It is not fun to drain in order to have no enemy bounty guards and it is not fun to make coins to support the drain. Unless you invent ways for us to gain territory and/or make coins by repeating significant, elaborate quests.

- Can you please test voodoo with immortals? I will trust your assessment when you tell us that you have done so, similarly with the dehoard code. At the moment, it is possible and quite easy to get sufficient mana boosting gear and outright type in 'c voodoo dude' to one shot a victim without a doll, and in the safety of guards, friends, protection, etc. A substantial amount of player characters can be one shot without a doll. This makes us, players, to play in certain ways to get around the problem, or to not logon, because it is very difficult to defend against this.

- Massive damage with a doll - okay we deal with it. Massive damage without a doll, please no. This has the potential to create a downward spiral for the losing side where they cannot recover. Imagine if you play SK, you make enemies, and they decide to type in c voodoo yourname and have the option to take all your items. Please test this one.

- Can you implement a toggle so that we can choose to not see the tags on our end? SK has a great charm because the environment is in character. The whole [HRQ] [PAR] [WAR] [LGN] [HAM] etc affixed in front of names really takes the imagination away. There are five tags I have listed that can potentially go together on one character. In this instance, less is better imho. I understand their importance so I have suggested the client side toggle only.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:07 pm 
Mortal

I think the early game needs some complexity in leveling, so we can quickly get past mere "k xxx" grinding into more fun stuff. Minette's suggestion of more pet options looks like a great idea here, since no new mechanics would be needed. Pet store signs naming usable commands could help newer players with this feature.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 5:03 pm 
Mortal

The best change to pets would be to sell a generic pet and allow the owner to train them to do certain things. Obviously there'd be some point allowance to doing so. You want a pet who has max hp, go for it. You want a pet who can bash and fly, sure, but it'll be weak as heck. You want a pet who can rescue, awesome, do it.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:09 pm 
Mortal

Destroy all cabals. Allow PK to be toggled.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:17 pm 
Mortal

Merida wrote:
Destroy all cabals. Allow PK to be toggled.

it's already a toggle.

but determining who has it toggled on/off is vague at best, with the list of qualifying events growing and will probably continue to grow. that is just a ridiculous way to handle it. should add an auto option that would put [PK] beside a character's name on the who list and be permanent once toggled on - can't turn it on, kill a bunch of people, and then toggle it off.

or just get rid of rule #1 and watch as the who list grows again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next