Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Add things to increase numbers
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:12 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I will comment on necros. I understand the need for PvP balance for animates, but it makes them nearly useless for PvP. No one ever asks I wish I had a necros help right now. I would champion returning animates to their old form. Maybe not where they where almost infinite, but where wraiths where a warrior class. Wraiths should be the best animate a necros can make, right now I would argue it's a skeleton. Or give gm animates gm skills. So that a ghoul could pick gm locks if animated from a gm corpse, etc. Necros need love, and it should be given in the form of animates. Also give then enchant armor and treasures too. Necros need to be self reliant. Now more than ever.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 am 
Implementor

I just wanted to chime in on this thread to let you guys know I am alive. But I can't commit to these changes for the time being. My SK time right now has to be devoted to a server migration that is long overdue. You will be hearing more about this as it gets closer to completion, as it will require some game downtime.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:36 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Arcann wrote:
-Some way to make a character younger would be very welcome, once per char.

Removing some of the no-magic rooms, or make it so you can spot if a nearby room is no-magic would be even greater.

I remember when age-death was implemented, it was suggested that someday we'd introduce some method to reverse or slow aging, but I don't think that's ever come up seriously in discussion.

It might be interesting if the "detect magic" spell could give some indication that you're about to enter a no-magic room.

Tragonis wrote:
Necros need love, and it should be given in the form of animates. Also give then enchant armor and treasures too. Necros need to be self reliant. Now more than ever.

Expanded necro enchant would be cool to see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:10 am 
Mortal

Add a breeding code. I always want to see new races so let's created a system that allows for it. Similar sized creatures can breed with one aenother, each character has to agree to initiate the code. The two PCs are broken down into their stats and abilities and randomly assigned to the new offspring. When the offspring is deemed old enough to travel 3 yrs - 101 yrs, depending on the mash up. The female characters players character is fed a code, she can keep it to herself or send it to the male character and only those two accounts can touch the code. So you get some weird offspring that has an odd set of stats with odd caps and odd abilities. Sometimes you may get an awesome offspring and other times a dud. Now those characters can mate and produce a new offspring with the same algorithm. So after a few generations you could have something rather unique. The whole bonus to this is time commitment. Making some kinf of elven hybrin could cost you two real life years before you can roll it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
Please do not entertain the idea ^

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:44 am 
Mortal

Kirsenvar wrote:

You should entertain all my ideas, it gives you a glimpse into another world without the need for expensive pharmasuticals.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
TheX wrote:
Kirsenvar wrote:

You should entertain all my ideas, it gives you a glimpse into another world without the need for expensive pharmasuticals.

Fair
Enough

!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:40 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Make quests/'secret areas' more tractable. I'm not asking for every quest to be easy, but it seems like a good amount of them are only feasible on your own if you get extraordinary lucky or make a huge commitment to *studying* every book in the game. Probably some chunk of them (and locations, too) lack sufficient information to solve them at all without resorting to a veteran player.

Update the help files with more information on the kingdoms, races (IMO I think the minotaur help files do a good job here), and capital cities. It's hard for true noobies (or players returning after a decade plus, hi) to come up with interesting RP based on what can be learned from them alone (beyond "I'm a peasant from X kingdom and know nothing beyond herding sheep").

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:00 pm 
Immortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
Make quests/'secret areas' more tractable. I'm not asking for every quest to be easy, but it seems like a good amount of them are only feasible on your own if you get extraordinary lucky or make a huge commitment to *studying* every book in the game. Probably some chunk of them (and locations, too) lack sufficient information to solve them at all without resorting to a veteran player.

Update the help files with more information on the kingdoms, races (IMO I think the minotaur help files do a good job here), and capital cities. It's hard for true noobies (or players returning after a decade plus, hi) to come up with interesting RP based on what can be learned from them alone (beyond "I'm a peasant from X kingdom and know nothing beyond herding sheep").

This is something we all agree needs to be worked on, but it can be a rather large undertaking. Players can be a big help by idea logging/praying about/pming/emailing what would be helpful in the helpfiles and in the quests.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Sadal wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:

This is something we all agree needs to be worked on, but it can be a rather large undertaking. Players can be a big help by idea logging/praying about/pming/emailing what would be helpful in the helpfiles and in the quests.

I hope some of the veteran players can chime on the quest parts. I find it really hard to tell distinguish between reasonably difficult vs not at this stage.

Will do for the help files.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next