Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Add things to increase numbers
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:20 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gorvik, Kriltor, Viliatrou
Two days later and no response, congratulations on being the most useless staff I've ever seen. I'm actually really amazed there is three people online right now, guess some people are just too stubborn to give up on this game despite all the signs to gtfo.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:53 am 
Implementor

Cruor, I don't understand the attitude. Your own post was only a day ago and did not actually ask any questions.

As for my original question, I said I was interested in hearing what everyone had to say. Not everyone reads the forums every day or even every few days. I like to give people time to voice their thoughts. And then myself or the staff as a whole may or may not have a specific response to those thoughts. If there is any staff debate over what the response ought to be, then it could obviously take longer.

At any rate, if you are an impatient sort of person, it should have been obvious years ago that SK is not your ideal game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:19 pm 
Mortal

Back when the laskieren gardens were a thing, there were felgryff (sp?) inside there, evil griffons. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that put into the game, to counter the griffons of the Light.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm 
Mortal

I would like to see races for PC use like dragons, and demons, and angels, and whatnot. Sure, let them be a bit overpowering, but only offer them to those who have the loyalty tolkens to drop. If you can save up the loyalty tolkens then by all means you deserve to have something a bit OPed. That is a reward for being loyal to the game

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:17 pm 
Gold Donor

TheX wrote:
I would like to see races for PC use like dragons, and demons, and angels, and whatnot. Sure, let them be a bit overpowering, but only offer them to those who have the loyalty tolkens to drop. If you can save up the loyalty tolkens then by all means you deserve to have something a bit OPed. That is a reward for being loyal to the game

That would be cool. Give the dragons an innate Polymorph ability so they can blend in when needed right from the start.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:41 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pibbs
I would echo the receding of zombie zones, but figured it might be some sort of cover to allow the staff to rebuild the areas (in case they were imbalanced somehow).

But what excites me is the possibility of some manner of crafting getting implemented. Given that scouts skins now grant innate enchantments, my hope for this has not been higher. Based on one prominent dwarf scout currently active, seems like scouts have had some buffs to the class that make them more than just inferior marksmen to a bow-specc'd merc. Hoping the other adventure classes are likewise getting tweaked.

I may be one of the few people logging in these days, but am certainly enthused by progress being made. The code updates were a reason I came back to giving sk another try after an absence. Given the nature of the medium, I'm uncertain it will return to the "good old days". But I for one have appreciated the tweaks (especially lightening the death xp penalties).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:26 pm 
Mortal

And bring back enhanced damage (original version) :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:05 am 
Mortal

Instead of infestating and closing all beneficial areas with zombies, why don't create a zombie town, red area=zombies from 10-20, yellow area, zombies 20-30 lvl, magenta area zombie range lvl btw 30-45, poopy coloured area gm zombies, then a bridge with a zombie keeper with some high lewt and after the bridge the Zombie leader with the fewt lewt for those elite players. Make sure those scripted items apart from mirror images, spellward , shield and protection to also make some good cappuccino hot and creamy, yummy!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 am 
Mortal

All joking aside, the zombie thing needs to go away at some point, hopefully soon.
It does nothing more than annoy the players and take away some good loot and some even better trainers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:44 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
I don't see the point in adding new races when there are existing ones who are completely shafted.

I mean centaurs. Centaurs get the absolute shaft. They suck because they're weak to fire. It's pretty craptastic to play a race that's weak to fire when only a handful of hoarded/extremely difficult to obtain items exist to mitigate that huge weakness.

Playing a race that's weak at swimming sucks too. Both of those weaknesses need to have a way to mitigate them. It's dumb that a mastered swimming dwarf barbarian can't swim without getting a mouthful of water. It makes you feel like you're playing an incompetent character. Not as incompetent as playing a centaur though. That feels really embarassing.

I haven't played in like a year though. So take that into consideration. But free meditation on centaurs doesn't make up for the fact that they get eaten alive by fire. That's like giving barbarians detect poison.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next