Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: Add things to increase numbers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:29 am 
Immortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
Fair. If an ambitious player (or faction) wants to try and put something together, who should they contact?

Contacting me is fine, but the one thing I'll tell people is that if you're contacting me is to think about the scope of what you're suggesting. The bigger the scope, the harder to pull off. Also, most of what I have immediate access to is in the Empire, so anything that uses that part of the world is simply much easier for me to try to facilitate.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:56 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
I'd be interested in offering my support for this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:42 am 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
One thing that would probably boost numbers is a new class and race. Possibly even the option to multi class at champion. Or grand master and give the option to pick one set of spells from another class with restrictions.

I've also noticed in other muds that people like having jobs to do. A trade/smuggle system would benefit the kingdoms greatly. If you are suffering from inflation you can run shipments to other countries to raise or lower your prices in the country.

A material based crafting system would also benefit the game. Say a mage or priest wants to imbue a spell on a stage or wand, they need to find the materials to make the stave and then cast the spell on it. This will reduce hoarding and give people other things to do in game.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:08 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Deathadder wrote:
A material based crafting system would also benefit the game. Say a mage or priest wants to imbue a spell on a stage or wand, they need to find the materials to make the stave and then cast the spell on it. This will reduce hoarding and give people other things to do in game.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:01 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
A few thoughts on some quality-of-life changes..

What if you could trade your last 5 levels for an additional stat point? You could then grind your way back to GM and do it all over, allowing players to do this indefinitely (if they so choose) to really max out a character. And/Or create a 10-LT cost for an additional stat point - anymore than 10 and I don't think it'd be worth it. Maxing out a character in SK is already possible with significant knowledge of the game, I can only think of a few players that are capable of doing it, so this would help bridge the gap a little.

Several MUDs I've played have a class based end-quest that allows the character to access a suit of armor tailored to that class's specific needs. Harder to obtain (unique) armor should/would always be better. This would be a nice crutch for solo adventurers and less knowledgeable players to access a semi-decent suit. Alternatively we could build off of the dragon slaying questline and add a sequence for heavy/cloth armor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12