Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Favorite Skill, Favorite Spell, and Favorite Scripted Item
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:10 am 
Mortal

In lieu of digging around for a thread to resurrect, I've made a new one; I'd like to hear what everybody's favorite skill, spell, and (if it's allowed) scripted item are. For fun, because I like it when people chat and share things on the forum.

My favorite skill is, without question, Counterstrike. Seeing it in action is awesome, especially with it's blindsiding a rogue or hellion (BAM!). While playing a bard back in the day, I remember my character hanging out with a barbarian who was working on mastering the skill: they had gone into mode stun, knocked out a few baddies, and hung around them while chatting - the baddies would wake up, attack, and be knocked out again very quickly.

I can't mention my favorite spell, since it's not only a cabal spell, but one of the lesser known ones. Almost never used, super hilarious spell, I remember going to the valley of ashes to practice it against the creatures there who were locked in combat against one another. My favorite spell I'm allowed to talk about is probably Feeblemind: the sudden lowering of concentration is very underrated (in my opinion); with proper application of feeblemind, a warlock might lose their elemental, a bard may stop singing (but continue to dance), not to mention what it'll do to a sorc using charms or if they buffed their other party members. Definitely a cool spell.

As for items, I remember Nosephthyki (once the High Priestess of Sadal) going around with an item called "The Scythe of Wicked Storms", and whenever she pulled it out of her bag, the weather would get just terrible, slowly, over the course of a minute or two.

What favorites do you all have?

Post subject: Re: Favorite Skill, Favorite Spell, and Favorite Scripted It
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:26 pm 
Mortal

Favorite skill is a bit hard to pick from as there are quite a few really cool, useful skills. I was always partial to cleave though. My first, oh, 4 characters were hellions. I had a bit of a thing for them. I still like them in concept. After playing other classes, I find I better appreciate their challenges and haven't quite had the umph to commit to one again. Still, awesome skill. Close second is intimidate.

Favorite spell is probably spirit aura. Having played a few shamans, it just seems like a really great spell. It would be nice if i still did some damage when you didnt take any, but i get how that could be OP for a sprite shaman.

Favorite scripted item - I havent had a lot of experience using a lot of these. Probably that paladin shield that summons the um... thing. Been a while since i played, so i cant quite recall the specifics.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 pm 
Mortal

Ajon wrote:
My first, oh, 4 characters were hellions. I had a bit of a thing for them.

They are so cool! I had played SK before I ever touched a D&D book, and by the time I had started the latter, I was very used to the idea of a Hellion - I was surprised that the concept was such a rare thing in most tabletop games.
Ajon wrote:
Favorite spell is probably spirit aura. Having played a few shamans, it just seems like a really great spell. It would be nice if i still did some damage when you didnt take any, but i get how that could be OP for a sprite shaman.

I remember the first time one of my characters was grouped with a shaman tank using spirit aura. My screen filled up with purple and I panicked bad - I had no idea what was going on - I thought we were under attack XD

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 am 
Mortal

I do find it difficult to pick only one of each also. One of my Favorite skills would have to be herbalism I have always loved the concept of that skill.

Favorite spell would have to be charm person I have seen it used to amazing affect. My first ever character was a griffon in 96 at that time Hellions still had the Charm person spell. I died like I do often and the only other person on at the time was a Hellion not knowing anything I asked her if she could help me get back to life. She charmed a priest to resurrect me then read me the riot act. Afterwards we had a long ooc conversation where she explained the game and I was hooked.

As I have recently returned again I am not familiar with the scripted items available. However there used to be a sword when I first started playing that would summon an angel. Also I always liked the scripts on the symbols there were some really creative ones.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:27 am 
Immortal

Skill: tracking
Spell: rift
Scripted Item: miniature treasure chests