Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Which Cities do you know your way around? Have a favorite?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:00 am 
Mortal

So, I haven't been to everywhere in game since returning a couple weeks ago, so there's a good chance some of this is out of date.

I'm sure some of you know your way around all the major cities, and could get to wherever your character needed, blind and with dirt in their eyes. I always seem to be finding new streets or shops, and I have a tendency to get lost if I go off the main roads of a city, that being said, I felt like sharing, and I want to hear what you all have to say about this topic.

A long time ago, the Capital of the Northern Wastes was Krychire, and though my characters didn't visit often, the simple layout of the city was very easy to manage (even if the city was super creepy).

I've probably had characters spend more time in Nerina than any other city, that paired up with the old quests (Seraniym asking for incense and looking for a lost boy), I could navigate it almost blindfolded.

Old Sith'a'niel had a really easy to navigate pattern too - even if the Inn was tucked away in a corner far from the entrance. I haven't been to that area since returning to the game, but I hear things happened.

West of Exile is the town of Everclear, on the border of a lake with the same name. I grew attached to this little town too: its main streets went straight through like a cross, I never got lost or anything.

The other Captials I pretty much only know how to get to their Inns, and how to get out, but that's not even true for the Captial of North... the one after Krychire. I've never successfully found my way into the city, and when inside the city, I've only found my way out by recalling, or going through a portal. When I was a new player, Teron and Menegroth were very intimidating (for different reasons), and kudos to the builders who made them; their atmosphere is quite potent. I've never ended up exploring the entirety of either city.

Hands down, my favorite city is Nerina: I love the friendly citizens who wish your character good day, I love the food type items, and all of the secret nooks and crannies, and that new finishing school area is a nice addition.

I have the feeling that the rest of the Capitals probably have as many hidden gems and secrets as Nerina, but I just don't know about them.

Post subject: Re: Which Cities do you know your way around? Have a favorit
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:11 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Quote:
Hands down, my favorite city is Nerina: I love the friendly citizens who wish your character good day
Your lightie is showing :P

There's at least one part of Teron that can be accessed through a way that I do not know how you're supposed to learn in-game. I presume there are other things that I still don't know about in it.

Sith'a'niel was definitely the best capitol pre-change. It's still good, but I just feel sad whenever I walk through it now, and that's annoying. The layout is unique and thematically fitting.

My favorite city is Selhys, but that's mostly because I'm a sucker for underwater areas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:00 pm 

I have noticed a lot of my fav places have changed around over the years and I love it . I like how quiet Sith'a'niel has become
. I have yet to run into a sprite talking about 'shinies.'

I always loved Seawatch , wish it would get a revamp one day.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:07 pm 
Immortal

Hands down, my favorite city is Teron. There is just so much going on there, and it truly feels as chaotic as described while still being pretty easy to navigate.

Strangely enough, least favorite is Menegroth specifically because it feels like giant bustling old city where streets are crowded, and many don't line up well so traveling requires a lot more use of short cuts and side streets. It's overwhelming and overbearing, just as the Emperor intended.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:34 am 
Mortal

Nerina, hands down. One of the first places that I read all the room descriptions and I could just picture it in my head.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:42 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I started in Exile, and I really enjoyed it. I think I enjoy Nerina more now, but Exile always has a special special place in my heart.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Krychire! Perfect for listening to 'Black No. 1' on repeat.