VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Loyalty Tokens
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:31 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Avernus wrote:
As a priest, I’d like to see token rez removed as well, it has served its purpose
but is no longer needed.
Or at least increase the cost for GM, sometimes I can tell someone is dead with spirit sight,
then they just return to life even when I am the only priest online, spending 1 token seems
preferable to actually contacting a priest and having even the basic rezz rp.

Might be an aura/faction thing, too. But tbh I've been too damn lazy before to contact a priest and just used a LT.

Maybe if the player count keeps improving, it's something that can be reconsidered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:30 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Re: PK being only ceremonial, this has been the argument since day one, and I honestly don't understand it. I'm hoping someone can explain.

You can only redeem resurrect after you've gotten to the river and been sorted into your aura section. Retrieval only pulls the items that are physically on your corpse when you spend the tokens. The idea was implemented in such a way that there would be plenty of time to strip the corpse and prevent retrieval. I feel like the complaints about PK being hindered are hypothetical and that it hasn't actually happened.

I didn't champion the implementation of these features, and I'm definitely not against reexamining their usefulness (particularly in light of growing player counts), but I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this specific complaint.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:45 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Meissa wrote:
You can only redeem resurrect after you've gotten to the river and been sorted into your aura section. Retrieval only pulls the items that are physically on your corpse when you spend the tokens. The idea was implemented in such a way that there would be plenty of time to strip the corpse and prevent retrieval. I feel like the complaints about PK being hindered are hypothetical and that it hasn't actually happened.

I think this is fair point. Back when I last played (~2003), if you were PKed you'd almost certainly be jlooted too. I don't have the chutzpah to suggest that this becomes game culture again, but if we have an unspoken agreement not to jloot, then having to find a priest and recollect your items at least adds more pain to the death.

ETA: Tbh thinking of all the fhgjfdkjds enchant requests I'll get having a graybie sorcerer if jlooting becomes common makes me want to rage-quit already :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:49 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Redeem resurrect and retrieve armor have made PvE more do-able without as big of a risk.
You made changes that are working and bring back some players. Don’t mess that up for the sake of “praise be to the lord of light, thank you for this life.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
saxifragaceae wrote:
Meissa wrote:

I think this is fair point. Back when I last played (~2003), if you were PKed you'd almost certainly be jlooted too. I don't have the chutzpah to suggest that this becomes game culture again, but if we have an unspoken agreement not to jloot, then having to find a priest and recollect your items at least adds more pain to the death.

ETA: Tbh thinking of all the fhgjfdkjds enchant requests I'll get having a graybie sorcerer if jlooting becomes common makes me want to rage-quit already :P

Just find a way a to enjoy enchanting like I do :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:09 pm 
Immortal

Kirsenvar wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:
Meissa wrote:

Just find a way a to enjoy enchanting like I do :)

While I am not always excited about the changes to the enchant/consecrate system, the fact of the matter is that it has sped up enchanting significantly. Gone are the days of spending literal days on the same piece, getting 13 amazing enchantments on it, only for the player to be pked and jlooted a week later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:40 am 
Mortal

Meissa wrote:
Re: PK being only ceremonial, this has been the argument since day one, and I honestly don't understand it. I'm hoping someone can explain.

I didn't champion the implementation of these features, and I'm definitely not against reexamining their usefulness (particularly in light of growing player counts), but I'm hoping that someone can shed some light on this specific complaint.

Actually agree with this.

Not the biggest fan of them, but they're really not hurting anything since you have to be in the River before you can use them.

Without things like this, it'd be borderline impossible to play opposite whatever the current main PC groups are.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:24 pm 
Mortal

Tribu nal revival will still allow you to rez almost imidiately.