Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Why Should I Come Back?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I’ve been away for some odd months now. I’d like to return, but i’d Need some convincing.
What am I missing out on? What changes have happened recently that would be appealing to a returner? What is the player count looking like? During busy hours? How about slow hours?
What in-game conflicts are occurring? I’d like to PK again. Any active PK’rs playing? Or is everyone a fountain RP’r/adventurer?
What vets do we have playing now days? Finney got banned and syn quit. I quit too out of anger regarding the ban. Others quit too.
Anyone let back into the game recently?
Convince me.

Post subject: Re: Why Should I Come Back?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:36 pm 
Mortal

All day and no replies? Alright. I’m not convinced. Thank you all for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:13 pm 

If that's what floats your boat, but I'd say stay around. Your choice though

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:18 am 
Mortal

But why though? 20 people read the post, but zero were able to provide any answers to my questions, which would convince me to stay.
The game, on its own, is visually stunning. I know the land and love the pve side of things.
But with too few people and no ongoing conflict, it’s just a beautiful world. And that’s about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:22 am 

I don't think you should expect people to tell you why to stay, that can only be decided by yourself.
I'd say that there is still worth in so, but again, that's my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
I've been on leave-of-absence/part-time for the better part of the past 15 months at SK, and my log-times tend to be very late night after prime activity drops off, so I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll take a shot.

There does appear to be a slow but steady increase in numbers/overall play hours over the past few months. There have been a number of previous players who have returned but to my knowledge there are no banned players who have requested to return or who have petitions under current review. In the middle of the night I may still find myself to be the only person logged in, but other evenings we've got solid double-digits. I'm not aware of much PvP conflict as numbers have led themselves more toward groups for PvE. There's definitely room to build PK again, but now that you're a vet, it might require you stepping out more to initiate and lead such conflict than to ride along with more traditional instigators of PK. From my understanding, more recent changes have included updating the web page and under-the-hood work like dealing with some server upgrade issues and code things that are not readily visible.

The numbers play off each other. People log in but if the numbers are low, they don't stay long; then when the next person logs in and still sees low numbers, they're also less inclined to stay logged in. Nobody can convince you to stay or play, that's just something you need to decide for yourself based on what's going on in your life and how you feel about your time when you're logged in.

If you know other gamers, it's a lot easier to bring your own people with you, to start some RP and conflict in a beautiful world. If you don't, you may want to just schedule specific times to try to organize people. That would probably be a more successful strategy than popping in and asking to be woo'd. Be the change you want to see, start the activity and try to woo in others would probably see more response. I can miss weeks due to busy life, and have no time to organize for others at this phase of life, but I'm more inclined to carve out time to log in when I know there's something scheduled.

Would love to see you back around, I've always thought highly of you and what you bring to the game, but even if you don't return, I hope life is good and blessing you richly.
Cheers!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:33 pm 
Mortal

I play a decent amount of hours almost every day, I can't say I've seen any sign of pk or conflict at all. (which is a good thing for me)
I haven't been in many adventuring trips either, there aren't many knowledgeable people around from what I've seen.
There is mostly people leveling, gearing up and then disappearing, and there are several quality rpers around so no complaints there.

So if you are one of those guys that know about all the tough places with the good loot, we could use you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
Hey,

So for someone who has played for years and took maybe a 7 or 8 year break and am back with my first character and have been enjoying it.

-It seems like a lot of old areas got revamped and refreshed which is always nice.
- Not so much PK right now actually at all from what I have seen. Sides seem pretty balanced right now but the greybies seem to be abundant.
-Seem like they made it harder to hoard items you are not wearing which is nice.
-high teens and mid twenties when its busy, 5 when its slow
-Been some changes to a few classes that look interesting, things like envenom and changes to skin.
-changes to enchant making it so it is not random anymore is nice.
-happy hour can be nice so leveling a character is not so monotonous
-Lots of vacancies in Tribunals and maybe cabals not sure about them, changes to casting with a guard NPC which I personally hate.
-Some new areas I have not been into yet.
-Less players does such but now there is lewt everywhere :drunk:
-Loyalty system which seems interesting too
-Dual membership for Trib and Cabal is pretty nice too.

Sorry for not replying so quickly I actually havnt visited the forums in a few days.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:50 pm 
Mortal

These were the replies I was looking for. Thank you all for your input.
Yes, I appreciate the level of detail. It’s what I was looking for.
I’ll consider rolling a character sometime soon. You guys have given me a lot to consider as to where I’d like to influence the game. I’ll take some time to think on it.
Thank you all again.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:55 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
Toying with the idea of starting a new character... and seeing about a bit of recruiting.

I have explored a mercenary (fast rise, large fall) and a bard (sadly insignificant) post Gailehn.
With the later, it was mostly a lack of player-base that had me lose interest. Bards work best in groups and they were hard to come by.

Given what I read of the forums, a neutral priest may be in order. The good news is after some recent reading and movie watching, I may be able to breath some life into such a character. I have some fresh inspiration.

On the recruiting business, if I have friends out of state that I'd like to encourage to make characters and learn, is it acceptable to coordinate times to be online for the purposes of helping newbies through the ropes? I don't see anything specific. I have been encouraging them at this point to read up on some of the help files and make a new character (or two) to learn the basic commands and way around.