Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Annoying implementations
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:24 pm 
Mortal

Dont sell yourself short. If you put your mind to something, I'm sure you'd be very good at it

I mean you got hero flag on Leila. Thats something I've never ever got on any of my character.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:39 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
BAI7l7 wrote:
Tried teaching a noob enhanced damage and bash. Why cant you teach innates? Little small implementations like this makes the learning curve of the game go up.

Reasonable would be there are those in a newbie academy who specialize in breaking things down and teaching enhanced damage, bash, and whatever else is innate. Or at the very least, be instructed where to go in their hometown (based on their hometown) by an instructor of the academy, as part of the 'graduation speech.'

Super bad is the academy not giving any guidance here, and a mentor not immediately able to provide the lessons themselves. This is a gap that should be closed, especially for new players to the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:51 am 
Immortal

BAI7l7 wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:
domination sux

Leila... domination has always sucked. Especially when you are coming from a sorc background. The key focal point of hellions are hellfire/cleave/sneak/hide.

Domination was better back before the big combat changes that normalized weapons. Still not anything close to charm, but could output a respectable burst of damage and still act is some form of lag. You're not able to mitigate the lower level of dominate with a super strong weapon like before, so the overall power level is noticeably lower.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:28 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Algorab wrote:
BAI7l7 wrote:
saxifragaceae wrote:
domination sux

Leila... domination has always sucked. Especially when you are coming from a sorc background. The key focal point of hellions are hellfire/cleave/sneak/hide.

Domination was better back before the big combat changes that normalized weapons. Still not anything close to charm, but could output a respectable burst of damage and still act is some form of lag. You're not able to mitigate the lower level of dominate with a super strong weapon like before, so the overall power level is noticeably lower.

I haven't played a hellion for a long time, but in the past- after the nerfing of some uber dominate mobs- I've gotten various utility benefits from domination, help with things like picking locks, enlarging/shrinking, low-level cures, etc. It's obviously never been meant to be useful on the level of charm, but I think it's still got some secondary uses that can be helpful, if not powerful.