Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Complete sets
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:07 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Sadal's set is weird and mismatched, but barring that, also missing slots for sleeves, helm, and shoes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:50 am 
Mortal

Most of the sacred sets are a bit of a mess, both in terms of the pieces it has and the innate runes on the pieces.

This appears to largely be due to a lot of the sets being heavily influenced by specific members of the church at the time they were made/overhauled.

Stuff like the Sargas eq set having a ring with great charisma and a ring with great strength, because that's what the one hellion who was in the church at the time needed for his personal stats.

That is an outdated example (the eq has been changed, I am aware), but still an example. Sacred eq has honestly always seemed like a waste aside from when somebody actually managed to get a useful weapon subtype into a church. Marfik's energy/psychic damage pigsticker, Sadal's bandalore (how many barbarians have joined the religion explicitly for that, over the years?).

Aludra's sacred set has an item named Love's Guardian. At one point, this item was a rapier. It was turned into a chest piece of armor and nobody even bothered to rename the item. And it doesn't match the rest of the set which is all "a set of white gloves with fire-red lining" or something along those lines. The enchants on the set are also abysmal. Moderate fortitude, slight HP, slight Mana on the whole set if I remember correctly?

Then you have stuff like the Dulrik sacred armor which is actually adamantite that starts with innate armor protection, which is actually useful eq.

Zavijah's eq set appeared to have no shoes, last I knew? All other six pieces of armor, just not boots.

Anyways, some of this may be incorrect atm, but a lot of it's been accurate at various points in time.

The main issue seems to be that all the sets get overhauled at random intervals, whenever the KD of a religion decides they're willing to do it.

All the sets should be done at the same time (I honestly don't see how it'd be particularly difficult? Most of the descs are done, and there's a template to follow for sets that are missing pieces of armor), and they should have every piece of armor, a shield, a container, and maybe 1 or 2 other things. None of this "oh we polled the people who happened to be in the church at this 1 point in time, and now everybody for the next 5 years is stuck with a chest piece, 5 pieces of jewelry, a sacred crossbow, and a robe".

Wouldn't be hard to make the enchantments uniform, either. 2 AP/2 of a save on helm/chest/belt/shield, 2 MP/2 of a save on sleeves/gloves/leggings/boots. 2/2 or 2/1/1 saves on the container/any jewelry (useful but not ideal). Do the, "a couple pieces get will, a couple get fort, a couple get reflex" thing, rather than putting fortitude on an entire set of sacred. If the whole set is a specific save, it creates a weird effect where since there's now 10+ sets of eq with fortitude, reflex/willpower jewelry becomes way more sought after than fortitude jewelry.

Last edited by TacoRobot on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
Thanks for the informative post, I agree that the Sacred stuff is a mess and not balanced at all! No to mention some of them not being a full set.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:46 am 
Mortal

TacoRobot wrote:
Zavijah's eq set appeared to have no shoes, last I knew? All other six pieces of armor, just not boots.

The weapon and mocassins spawn elsewhere, haven't seen them in months, either broken or someone is hoarding them?
I know sacred loot crumbles after a while if not worn by a faith member but is it actually possible to grab them and log out and keep them out of the game?
If so it shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:13 am 
Mortal

Arcann wrote:
TacoRobot wrote:

The weapon and mocassins spawn elsewhere, haven't seen them in months, either broken or someone is hoarding them?
I know sacred loot crumbles after a while if not worn by a faith member but is it actually possible to grab them and log out and keep them out of the game?
If so it shouldn't be.

Never saw the weapon or shoes for the 6 months~ or so I was playing Liliana a year ago either.

I only remember this because we used to joke with Halerad (Zavijah priest) about it all the time.

For the record, none of this is really a huge issue or anything. It's just one of those things where it doesn't seem like it'd be hard to basically get all the sacred stuff on the same page, rather than updating 1 set here and there, and leaving 3 other sets outdated for years at a time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Vivitnir
There have been complaints about the sacred gear for YEARS now and it still has never been fully addressed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:11 pm 
Immortal

Bill Kourney now has arm armor. Two new mid-level sets went in, too. Again, they are decent (not elite), but they are functional and are complete sets of armor.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:14 pm 
Mortal

Bill is good people, he deserved some sleeves. :drunk:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:48 pm 
Mortal

TacoRobot wrote:
All the sets should be done at the same time (I honestly don't see how it'd be particularly difficult? Most of the descs are done, and there's a template to follow for sets that are missing pieces of armor), and they should have every piece of armor, a shield, a container, and maybe 1 or 2 other things. None of this "oh we polled the people who happened to be in the church at this 1 point in time, and now everybody for the next 5 years is stuck with a chest piece, 5 pieces of jewelry, a sacred crossbow, and a robe".

Wouldn't be hard to make the enchantments uniform, either. 2 AP/2 of a save on helm/chest/belt/shield, 2 MP/2 of a save on sleeves/gloves/leggings/boots. 2/2 or 2/1/1 saves on the container/any jewelry (useful but not ideal). Do the, "a couple pieces get will, a couple get fort, a couple get reflex" thing, rather than putting fortitude on an entire set of sacred. If the whole set is a specific save, it creates a weird effect where since there's now 10+ sets of eq with fortitude, reflex/willpower jewelry becomes way more sought after than fortitude jewelry.

QFT :drunk:

Never understood why some Sacred sets are super elite, others are mostly trashy. I know why it happened, just never understood it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:01 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Is the armor from Lower Morea still there? I tried to make that look cute.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next