Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PvP changes.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:32 pm 
Mortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
It seems fair that people who put in more in preparation get an edge but it shouldn't be insurmountable.

It's not insurmountable. People with scripted eq have been dying in game for 20 years.

Yeah, when you literally don't even try, no, the person with the scripted loot probably isn't going to die.

Your faction in game has yet to show a willingness to participate in any sort of PVP except 4v1 inn gangbangs.

Then you come cry about people having better eq than you?

Like...really?

Thank you for reminding all of us why the game is in the watered down state that it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm 
Mortal

Being able to craft and tailor your own gear would be awesome in my opinion. Make it the gear that can make you competitive and operate as a bridge between hitting gm and tackling the absurd end game areas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:36 pm 
Mortal

The reason why a lot of people end up re rolling, taking breaks, or leaving altogether is because at this point, with all the other options of gaming and entertainment we have at our disposal, the recovery falling a death and loss of things is bad enough to make your stomach turn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:44 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
TacoRobot wrote:
Yeah, when you literally don't even try, no, the person with the scripted loot probably isn't going to die.

I thought this post was literally about why people don't attempt PvP except for in situations they know they will win? And yes, part of the reason seems to be that recovering your loot is too much of a pain in the [REDACTED] and it takes too long to be able to jump back in and engage.

I'm not talking about YOUR scripted loot. I'm talking about the loot that exists in this game that we both play, and, yes, let the record show that I will not cry if I log in one day to find that my Ephialtis' armor stops casting those spells.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:49 pm 
Mortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
TacoRobot wrote:

I thought this post was literally about why people don't attempt PvP except for in situations they know they will win? And yes, part of the reason seems to be that recovering your loot is too much of a pain in the [REDACTED] and it takes too long to be able to jump back in and engage.

I'm not talking about YOUR scripted loot. I'm talking about the loot that exists in this game that we both play, and, yes, let the record show that I will not cry if I log in one day to find that my Ephialtis' armor stops casting those spells.

The armor you apparently already lost, and no longer gives all its buffs.

Imagine that.

The problem is not that it takes "omg forever to re-equip"...It doesn't. Arandir got FS'd and had his [REDACTED] back in a day.

Wow. So hard. Much difficult. Yeah, wow, maybe it takes a bit longer to get stuff back from the hardest areas in the game. If you're going to cry about that...maybe don't get attached to eq from those areas? This "i want the best of the best eq, but then I'm going to whine about losing it" is so tiresome, and is historically, one of the biggest problems the game has.

It doesn't take long to re-equip after being looted, either unless you as a player feel entitled to having 30 wands/staves and scripted eq. The game already has loot dehoarding code to stop people from keeping excess equipment. Most of what you lose in PVP will be available again, or will be worn by an enemy of yours. Stop complaining and go get it back.

Even if you remove all scripted eq, cut out all unique items, and put everybody in generic tanso, people are still not going to show up to PvP, because you can not do anything, or cause them any trouble if they don't.

You as a player can not do anything to, or take anything away from, another player, unless they walk up to you and let you do it. This is the only problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 pm 
Mortal

Nobody has a problem with Ephialtis/IC/Nightmare Temple loot until they get it, get used to having it, and then lose it and either somebody else has it, or they can't figure out how to get it back on their own.

Then suddenly "omg scripted eq needs nerfed" and "it's too hard to get eq".

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:59 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
If I was that personally invested in that EQ, I wouldn't have tried enchanting it past three. And I didn't, until the horribleness of the Nightmare Temple faded from my memory. And then I was like meh [REDACTED] it let's see what happens.

And, I don't know if you missed it, but Arandir's player literally JUST SAID he doesn't engage in PvP that he isn't guaranteed to win because of how much of a time sink it is. So, I'm not sure if his ability to spend a whole day recovering (with a lot of help, including from you) really proves your point.

Bones wrote:
As it stands right now, i will admit in front of god and county im not engaging in any pk unless I know I will win. Why? Because it's too hard to recover usable loot as it stands.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:00 pm 
Mortal

I had a lot of help too. Help that is on borrowed time if the player counts keep dipping, and there are a lot of people who have played who haven't had that luxury. The bottom line is losing loot is disheartening. It's a brutal mechanic that I think needs to be re evaluated with other stuff that is now junk being made serviceable.

Also, I don't think CRS is the answer either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:08 pm 
Mortal

Bones wrote:
I had a lot of help too. Help that is on borrowed time if the player counts keep dipping, and there are a lot of people who have played who haven't had that luxury. The bottom line is losing loot is disheartening. It's a brutal mechanic that I think needs to be re evaluated with other stuff that is now junk being made serviceable.

Also, I don't think CRS is the answer either.

Aello and I spent maybe 3 hours collecting stuff, and that was with me semi-afk. I can't imagine you/whoever spent more than 7 hours of active playing to re-equip.

So within 10 hours of playing, you had a full set of energy armor with good innates, a full set of jewelry with innate greater runes, and probably the best collection of wands/staves in the game.

Like...re-equipping time isn't the problem.

There's a lot of loot in the game. And if you lose stuff in PK, wearable items will probably become available again, unless somebody wears them. Magical devices/jewelry/etc? Go kill the person who has it.

Again, the problem isn't re-requipping. The problem is there's no reason for people to PVP because you can't do anything to them if they don't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:11 pm 
Mortal

And part of that has to do with not wanting to risk losin their stuff too. Why risk it if you are going to lose? If people are going to do anything in game, I would imagine most of them ask themselves how likely it will be that they lose it all if they decide to jump in.

Also ten hours goes a long way when you have a full time job.

Last edited by Bones on Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next