Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: SACRED SETS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:27 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
Let's do this. I'm going to do it ONE time, and we're never discussing the sacred sets again. :P

I'm not touching a single set until we have everything all ready to go on all of them, and when we're closer, I will announce a pair of dates: One where the resets will be removed for working, and a second when I will add them back (and they will reappear refashioned after the following reboot.) I'd like a full week to work on implementing them, as there are 19 suits and I want to avoid any mistakes that can happen by working too fast on these implementations. So ONE WEEK without sacred suits after we have reached step four.

Step one: Consensus on -
1. Which specific pieces EVERY SUIT will get
2. What materials will be used for heavy/light/cloth
3. Enchantments

Step two: Approval of all of the above from Dulrik.

Step three: Redescription. Again there are 19 suits. If 19 people hop on this, it can go quickly.

Step four: Implementation. ~1 week start to finish.

AND GO.

Post subject: Re: SACRED SETS
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 am 
Mortal

Weapon should be exotic of some sort, one handed so EVERYONE who joins the religion can use it, and a shield. Full 7 piece suit container, and I don't care about jewlery.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:47 am 
Mortal

TheX wrote:
Weapon should be exotic of some sort, one handed so EVERYONE who joins the religion can use it,

No. This is not a good idea.

----

Full 7 pieces of armor, shield, and about-body container. The end, IMO.

If it's a heavy armor religion, make the stuff adamantite. If it's not a heavy armor religion, energy.

If you want to join a heavy armor religion on a character that can't use it, that's your problem and the knights/priests of the heavy armor religion should not be punished for using their sacred eq just to protect the feelings of a few snowflakes.

IMO get rid of sacred weapons entirely. Those are always going to be unfair and uneven. One religion gets a sacred weapon of a subtype that's highly sought after, another gets a sacred weapon of a subtype that's useless. There is no way anybody will get this right for all the churches. Just get rid of them.

Enchantments, I would suggest 2 (moderate) of a save, and 1 Armor/Magic protection on the armor. This is not the 'best' but it's definitely useful. For container (and jewlery if you do jewelry), I would suggest 2/1/1 of the three saves. Also not the best, but definitely useful.

If you do jewelry, my suggestion would be 1 each of ring, bracelet, necklace for every religion.

Last edited by TacoRobot on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
TacoRobot wrote:
TheX wrote:
Weapon should be exotic of some sort, one handed so EVERYONE who joins the religion can use it,

Full 7 pieces of armor, shield, and about-body container. The end, IMO.

If it's a heavy armor religion, make the stuff adamantite. If it's not a heavy armor religion, energy.

If you want to join a heavy armor religion on a character that can't use it, that's your problem and the knights/priests of the heavy armor religion should not be punished for using their sacred eq just to protect the feelings of a few snowflakes.

IMO get rid of sacred weapons entirely. Those are always going to be unfair and uneven. One religion gets a sacred weapon of a subtype that's highly sought after, another gets a sacred weapon of a subtype that's useless. There is no way anybody will get this right for all the churches. Just get rid of them.

Enchantments, I would suggest 2 (moderate) of a save, and 1 Armor/Magic protection on the armor. This is not the 'best' but it's definitely useful. For container (and jewlery if you do jewelry), I would suggest 2/1/1 of the three saves. Also not the best, but definitely useful.

If you do jewelry, my suggestion would be 1 ring, bracelet, necklace for every religion.

Agreed with all of this.

But, I think sacred weapons for hellion/paladin religions would still be cool. Could make them all the same subtype.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:05 pm 
Mortal

I forgot everyone can use daggers, every religon should have a cerimonial dagger of the same suptype, then I agree with the rest of what Taco has to say.

Oh, and do away with the scripts that give speeches randomly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:29 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Great problem solved then! We can also name them "The sacred breastplate of <insert God name here>" to save time.

There's a reason that there is diversity in the sacred suits and I like it. I mean it took guts to make Sadal's armor as it is but it was in accordance to their lore and the enchantments are most of the time relevant as well. Making them all the same will make the suits lose their value.

We can't go around treating EVERY single player's whim, if you don't like it don't use it there's plenty of other loot in the game.

Also 3 saves on the sacred armor? That would make it trash tier instantly! Let's not forget that all pieces now include some added difficulty in order to be acquired unlike before where it was unfair for a few religions.

I would much rather this was made in each religion's forums separately where the religion's theme and history would be taken into account. Most of that armor is of either legendary or divine origin we cannot just downgrade it just because xxx player can't powerplay with the sacred armor that he wants.

PS: My character has 0 pieces of sacred gear at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:43 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Morovik wrote:
We can't go around treating EVERY single player's whim, if you don't like it don't use it there's plenty of other loot in the game.

Also 3 saves on the sacred armor? That would make it trash tier instantly! Let's not forget that all pieces now include some added difficulty in order to be acquired unlike before where it was unfair for a few religions.

I would much rather this was made in each religion's forums separately where the religion's theme and history would be taken into account. Most of that armor is of either legendary or divine origin we cannot just downgrade it just because xxx player can't powerplay with the sacred armor that he wants.

2 saves/1 AP or MP on energy/adamantite is trash tier and would be a downgrade to the existing sets? Wonder whose sacred loot you're thinking about in comparison.

I don't think that would be a 'powerplay' to make them uniform. On the contrary, then people would be more free to choose a religion based on RP and less on what religion has sacred loot their build needs. But it seems like at least some of the existing sacred armor sets got their innate because of exactly what you're objecting to here: player X needed thing Y when the armor was being created.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:49 pm 
Mortal

Morovik wrote:
There's a reason that there is diversity in the sacred suits and I like it. I mean it took guts to make Sadal's armor as it is but it was in accordance to their lore and the enchantments are most of the time relevant as well. Making them all the same will make the suits lose their value.

I am not certain you understand what is being discussed and why it is being discussed.

In fact, your argument isn't even really on topic accurately.

Item names don't need to be changed. Most religions already have their sets of armor desced. The ones that don't just need a few pieces added.

The whole idea behind this change is to NOT have sacred eq sets tailored to fit the whims of individual players which has happened with many of the sets at various points in the past.

And if you're honestly complaining about the enchantment scheme I laid out, I am going to have to inform you that you aren't particularly mechanics savvy. There is nothing wrong with jewelry that has 2/1/1 saves on it. Everybody WANTS a "+4" on stuff, just because it seems cooler, but there is no real difference as long as in the end, you get to the right total numbers.

Nevermind that the point is, some of the sacred sets in the game currently have stuff like +1 HP, +1 MANA, +2 FORTITUDE on them. That is the problem and why the enchantments should just be redone in a uniform fashion.

For the record, touching base on the enchants again. My character in game, has, for the past 2.5 months, been wearing armor that has 2save/2AP innately (not sacred). He does just fine. 2save/1ap/1mp would be just fine for sacred armor and would leave it suitable for people who want AP or MP. It wouldn't be the BEST EQ IN THE GAME but it'd be the tier right below that.

Morovik wrote:

Yes, go discuss this in the individual religion forums where the odds are there's 1-2 people at best who are members (or, you know, none). That will surely fix the problem of having the sacred eq tailored to suit one player's (and one character's) whims.

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:32 pm 
Mortal

Suptype dagger.

All the special scripts need to come off the jewelery also. No special staves.

I would go so far as to say all scripts get removed from the armor.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 pm 
Mortal

3 sets per religion. Addy, Mithril, Energy w/ 2 of each save on each piece. Scripted spells would be defensive, mid-level and random.

..and access to a craft station that creates any weapon subtype but with a no-save restriction. :wink: