Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Would You PK more often if “safe PK” took place during happy hour?
Yes 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 10 ]
I don’t PK anyway 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Wert 19%  19%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Re: Safe PK During Happy Hour
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:00 pm 
Mortal

I'm tryin to PK! :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:40 pm 
Mortal

Algorab wrote:
I don't really like the idea of non-generalized PK changes personally. If we think PK is too punishing, that's fine, but ideas should be directed at fixing the underlying problems, not trying to carve out exceptions to the problem. PK should be fun, and if it is, participation should flow from that.

If it's too punishing because people don't want to lose their loot, maybe limited looting is an answer? If it's too punishing because a lack of players means it's harder to get back to life, maybe people could be auto-rezzed after a few minutes on PK deaths, but they get double the disorientation or some other kind of spam death limiter

Yed said a lot of what I was thinking already, but I think a lot of the problem is just trying to find any kind of consensus on what the problem is/what is trying to be achieved.

Are we trying to increase participation by people who currently don't PvP? Are we trying to increase participation from casual PvPers? Are we trying to increase the number of 1v1 scenarios? Are we trying to increase the amount of group v group scenarios?

There are about a dozen other questions you could ask, and frankly many of them would receive entirely different answers.

I do like the idea where we stress 1v1 scenarios more for the following reasons:
- Low player count makes it harder to PVP due to player's reliance on safety in numbers
- Players can actually engage in PVP where they have RP'd the situation themselves (as opposed to being part of a tribunal and being instantly targetted with little to no RP required)
- Better relationships between enemies and allies on an individual basis

*Random Thought*
Maybe create mandatory RP before PVP which is probably unlikely. This might remove the element of surprise in the game because often times you need it to win a game of strategy. Its all about winning of course. Personally I find more satisfaction telling Rhon that "I'm going to hunt him down when I'm Grandmaster" as opposed to ambushing him and saying "You keeper, you enemy, you die." Then walking away with his loot. I guess my from point of view, its better to create an environment where relationships are stressed when I have an enemy that I can respect as an adversary and can challenge me going forward. We could call it the Challenge Rule where you announce your hunting them (and connect it to the duelist guild somehow and allow the duelist guild tally up points). And at the end of the month, give a reward for whatever organization has the most points. Or you can refuse a Challenge where the duelist Guild will shame the person of the cowardice. I guess with the Challenge system, we can still leave the door open to Open PK for loot (which can be highly moderated for PVP'ing without RP)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:13 am 
Mortal

I like the idea of some sort of point system that is scored at the end of each month.