Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Alts
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:25 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Any chance we could remove the limit of one character per cabal per player? I hate having to remove my characters from cabals to try something new. Not to mention it doesn't fit the rp of making a life long oath. Might mean more characters online too if people can play whatever they like without limitations. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Alts
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:01 pm 
Mortal

This is a bad change. It just lets people sit on multiple characters and play whichever one has friends on the who list when they log on, and makes the game basically unplayable for the people who don't have multiple characters.

This gives a distinct OOC advantage to players with multiple characters, because they are never at risk in game. Oh, does my darkie not have any allies? Okay, I'll log off and log on my lightie, and only play my darkie when the who list is 2 people.

If anything, alts probably need more restrictions. Letting them all join Tribunals is already pretty bad.

With the who list as low as it is, I feel like alts genuinely contribute to making the game less fun to play. Oh, are there 2 MC players on? Okay, I know I'm not going to see Alt1 or Alt2 from Player T, I'm going to see his MC character.

It contributes to making the game lopsided and unfun for anybody that isn't willing to coordinate logins like that and OOCly go out of their way to avoid IC conflict by only playing the alt they have in a populated faction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
But as it is right now. There is hardly anyone on. And it doesn't stop someone not logging in at all if they don't have anyone to play with. I don't care if only one side logs in right now, so long someone is logging. I mean we had the entire who list do end game stuff and we are still lacking. It's sad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:32 pm 
Mortal

I personally think the one cabal limit is a good thing, otherwise you will have those players who will spread ooc knowledge because they can. It is sometimes tough to RP not actually knowing something about a character because your current character knows nothing about them. But it's only fair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:52 pm 
Mortal

Doobert wrote:
I personally think the one cabal limit is a good thing, otherwise you will have those players who will spread ooc knowledge because they can. It is sometimes tough to RP not actually knowing something about a character because your current character knows nothing about them. But it's only fair.

the fact you can have multiple characters allows this to happen if a player chooses to do so. Being in two cabals won't change that. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:00 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I like the separation of cabals and characters.
Would it be fun to use the abilities from multiple cabals on multiple characters? Yeah.
But I think the necessity comes from the restriction on influencing diplomacy in multiple groups. And I don’t want to allow people to cross that line.

I do still agree on the fact if someone has a lighty alt or a darky alt, they’ll play to avoid conflict. And in regards to PvE that’s a good thing. But in regards to conflict, hiding behind Alt isn’t a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 pm 
Mortal

I love how Syn's argument is, "Why should we let friends play with friends"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:16 pm 
Mortal

I wouldn't mind having a character in each cabal. 1 MC Mira Priest, Mello. 1 Hammer Mira Priest, Hello. 1 Fist Mira Priest, Fello. 1 Druid Mira Priest, Darulo. 1 Harlequin Mira Priest, Harlo. 1 Crucible Mira Priest, Cello.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
BAI7l7 wrote:
I wouldn't mind having a character in each cabal. 1 MC Mira Priest, Mello. 1 Hammer Mira Priest, Hello. 1 Fist Mira Priest, Fello. 1 Druid Mira Priest, Darulo. 1 Harlequin Mira Priest, Harlo. 1 Crucible Mira Priest, Cello.

I support this.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:58 am 
Mortal

Teh_Peso wrote:
I love how Syn's argument is, "Why should we let friends play with friends"

Because when the who list is 10 people, and 7 "friends" go join the MC, when 2 of the 10 people on the who list are already MC, and those 9 people bully the other 1, then get bored, and the 7 friends cannibalize the 2 people who were already in the faction, the game dies again. Like it currently has. Selfish, inconsiderate people ruin stuff. Surprise.

The problem with "friends playing with friends" is they stop giving a [REDACTED] about anybody else enjoying the game, until they realize everybody else quit because of them and now they have nobody left to [REDACTED] on.