Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Changes For SK With Fewer Players
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Tragonis wrote:
How easy would it be to give tribunal npcs the ability to be ordered to cast stuff again? I think that would be a good start to self reliance without others.

Agree. Restore tribunal spells.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:23 am 
Mortal

TRIBUNAL SPELLS! YES YES YES YES YES YES

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:33 am 
Gold Donor

Tribunal spells would be really nice. Those were the good ol' days back when they were usable.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
the_me wrote:
Tribunal spells would be really nice. Those were the good ol' days back when they were usable.

I wouldn't mind an imm pointing me toward the thread where the rationale was explained. My assumption is that someone probably abused it, other folks got wise to it, and an imm decided to remove the privilege entirely.

Which is how a large percentage of changes get implemented, unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:33 pm 
Mortal

I loved tribunal spells!!! It was the best! Order guards to shrink and enlarge things for you. Can restoring tribunal spells be our xmas present? =)

I think somewhere down the line certain players started twinking the NPC and IMMs realized how imbalanced certain tribunals got more spells than others.

I remember order casting 'aid' was a thing which gave a pretty good buff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:30 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I think tribunal NPCs that could cast was pretty well balanced at the end. Except for black hand, they are still hosed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:16 pm 
Mortal

The things I would do to get tribunal spells back would repulse most of you. I'm not even ashamed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
1.) there's absolutely no reason that loot lost to bugs should EVER not be restored unless the player somehow FORCED a bug or something (and why would they...?) maybe it mattered back in the day when loot was more sacred but no one cares any more, and anyone can get good loot bc there are so few players, so holding out on this "you lost loot to a bug, too bad, so sad!" rule just seems pedantic and unfair. It's not the player's fault that there was a bug, so why should THEY be the ones who are punished?

2.) we have got to be able to "hire" rogues or bards to do things around the game. pick locks, LORE, anything. maybe one CHOSEN ONE of each class and it costs money to hire them to follow you around and order them to do [REDACTED]. but it CAN'T be used against other PCs??? Idk how you'd check for this. But I think it should be used in travels, not PVP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:27 pm 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
1.) there's absolutely no reason that loot lost to bugs should EVER not be restored unless the player somehow FORCED a bug or something (and why would they...?) maybe it mattered back in the day when loot was more sacred but no one cares any more, and anyone can get good loot bc there are so few players, so holding out on this "you lost loot to a bug, too bad, so sad!" rule just seems pedantic and unfair. It's not the player's fault that there was a bug, so why should THEY be the ones who are punished?

2.) we have got to be able to "hire" rogues or bards to do things around the game. pick locks, LORE, anything. maybe one CHOSEN ONE of each class and it costs money to hire them to follow you around and order them to do [REDACTED]. but it CAN'T be used against other PCs??? Idk how you'd check for this. But I think it should be used in travels, not PVP

1) i dont dulrik has a character rollback system in place. Makes it super hard to replace lost gear. There's an item limit and not sure what they would do when someone already grabbed the loot. Can make a forced copy but now you have an extra one in the system bypassing the item limit. I don't see IMMs bending over backwards just to make a single player happy. Which is why one may get the "you lost loot to a bug" line

2) sounds hard to make and abusable. Better luck getting me to make a bard and follow you around and I hate bards because they suck.

My point... sometimes the most simplest things are not practical to get done because legacy code no one wants to touch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:34 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
plz roll a bard

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next