Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Changes For SK With Fewer Players
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I’d like to bring up a discussion regarding things we can implement to make SK more playable while we have a low playerbase.
I’d like to see the “What Changes Sould Make You Want To Play” thread be revived, and I’d like to see more people come back.

But the fact remains that our numbers are very low and there are some things that need to be implemented so that the few of us can survive without being as dependent on other players.

The first thing that I’d like to see implemented is the Adventurers Guild selling word of recall potions. Sold for 3 to 5 platinum maybe and I’d even be okay with seeing them rot on log out.
Shop should have unlimited quantity. I’d prefer that they don’t rot, but if we need to still rely on interaction, rotting would be a decent way to force us to seek out someone that can brew.

The second thing I’d like to see is enchantment and consecration that can be purchased. I’d be okay with having it cost about 1 obsidian per rune. It would be nice to give it to us for 5 plat per rune. But again, a tall request probably needs to come with a price. I think it should be limited to 3 runes in any one piece. But the extra AP is pretty essential for fighters.

Purchased gates would also be something I’d like to see. Getting a gate to The Spire is pretty essential if you want to head to the Outer Planes. I’ve been exploring quite a bit, but there are still many places that I only know how to get to via gate. This is less a priority and more of a convenience thing.
Sassafras also mentioned opening the adventurers guild during happy hour? Is that something we’re willing to consider to grant access to the heal vials and wands that are there? Maybe keep the trinkets and such in a secondary room that stays off limits? Only rotatable things are accessible?

Has there been any acceptance at all on tribunal npc’s being able to cast buffs? I think that could also be beneficial.

Please discuss these ideas, provide new ones, and imms please voice support for any ideas mentioned, should support be had.

Post subject: Re: Changes For SK With Fewer Players
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:41 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Some tank-ier pets would be nice for flimsy caster types. Something strong enough to give access to some higher level areas for both leveling and adventuring - but maybe have some sort of crutch that makes them useless in PvP.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:46 pm 
Mortal

Open the chrysalis lounge all the time, but it is a no recall room and it isn’t combat safe, unless we’re in happy hour. Let us use the portal stone dial all the time. Maybe gates can be bought from there. Gates are purchased at a discount during happy hour.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:23 pm 
Mortal

And... my suggestions on how to help the game drops off the 'recent posts' section with 0 comments from any imm-staff.
The game is dying if not already dead. I'm trying to help and have always tried.
But my suggestions always seem to fall upon deaf ears.
It's just depressing, man.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:01 am 
Implementor

Sorry you feel that way. I will always keep the game running for as long as people want to play it. Unfortunately, preparing for the holiday season is my busiest time of year at work, so I don't have the luxury of thinking about the game too much. I will be reviewing these threads and thinking about future updates as soon as I can do so.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Thanks D.

Curious what players and characters that are active are still around? Imms included?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:11 am 
Mortal

Thanks for getting back to us, Dulrik.

Perhaps I misspoke.
Perhaps my view on player count is skewed since I’m normally playingbbwtween 3 and 7AM PST.
After about 4AM after the monthly reboot, I did see more people logging in right as I had to leave. So maybe SK isn’t completely dead. I had fun with this reboot.

I did, however, notice that some people were getting upset that some of us were leaving right as they were getting there. It’s discouraging to them and I felt bad about leaving them.
So in order to have more people around, all at the same time, could we start scheduling adventures via the gameplay forum?
Could I create a post called “Wastelands Trip - 10/2/18” and state who is leading it and allow people to schedule their time around when other people will playing?
It’s super ooc and goes against SK policy from the past, but would you be willing to allow us to try this out?

In regards to forum-posts going unheard, it does suck to not have any feedback about something presented. To have any imm speak up and say “I like this idea. It might be something worth considering” or “I don’t really know if this would work man” is enough to allow us to realize our voice has been heard. I’m not saying acknowledgement is required, but it would go a long way, in the future, in regards to encouragement.
The lack of acknowledgement before my post dropped off recent posts sparked my negative view.
So thank you again for getting back to us.

But yeah. Scheduling adventures via gameplay forum? Is that cool?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:50 am 
Implementor

Yes, I think it would be okay to put a trip advertisement in the forums as long as:
a) You also post it on an appropriate in-game board (you shouldn't need to read these forums to know what's going on in-game).
b) Roleplaying (including disassociation due to alignment restrictions) is maintained within the resulting party.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:39 am 
Mortal

SK Character: ArchaicSmurf
Need a sorcerer NPC that will resize for coin - may exist already but I don't know of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Trosis wrote:
In regards to forum-posts going unheard, it does suck to not have any feedback about something presented. To have any imm speak up and say “I like this idea. It might be something worth considering” or “I don’t really know if this would work man” is enough to allow us to realize our voice has been heard. I’m not saying acknowledgement is required, but it would go a long way, in the future, in regards to encouragement.

I've kept up with reading everything here. But most of the time, when I start to respond, I stop myself instead because I don't want to give the appearance of in-game activity by responding here. I can't log enough hours to maintain my admin account or to do any work in-game and can't log enough hours to keep any equipment or build any substantial relationships with a player-character, so it seems inappropriate or useless to interject with an empty voice right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next