Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Any potential new updates coming up?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:52 pm 
Mortal

Are there any new potential items being worked? Would be nice to have some kind of semblance of a possible update to look forward to.

Maybe possible announcement to say so and so items are expected in the next update. Something for players to look forward to.

I know its always been the case that updates are dropped on us and hope for the best. The extra hype might give a player a sense of progress of the game direction rather than feeling stagnant.

Post subject: Re: Any potential new updates coming up?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Edit: mutter mutter. Grumble grumble.
I agree.
Fixed! Let this thread live! Lol

Last edited by Trosis on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:38 am 
Mortal

Nothing to see hear. Just curious what IMMs think of this idea =)

Last edited by BAI7l7 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:51 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:59 am 
Immortal

That kind of information will always come from Dulrik, or possibly a builder if it's an area update/addition.

I can say there have been some discussions about some quality of life type changes, but that's about all I can say.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:12 pm 
Mortal

I think it would be cool if we occasionally got updates on updates from Dulrik.
“We are currently in the brainstorming phase of an update.”
“In the coding phase.” “Still in coding phase.”
“In the testing phase.”
“In the polishing phase. You can expect an update fairly soon.”

We aren’t asking for detail on what is being worked on. We just want to know if something is being worked on or not.

It’s not how it ever worked. So I doubt it will happen this way, but I think this is sort of the basis of the inquiry here. Slight updates on updates would peak interest and give some hope.

Here’s to hoping. :drunk:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:18 pm 
Mortal

I think right when Algorab said that "That kind of information will always come from Dulrik," I had a feeling this idea was dead in the water. Based on my past experience with talking to Dulrik, I'm guessing that Dulrik will think that we are not entitled to advanced notice in possible updates. I may be cynical, but I think it is well placed. If I were try to try to understand the mindset of Dulrik, I think his opinion is that SK players should feel privileged in playing his game and accept anything that is given to them (and he shouldn't waste his time for minor things like this). Players on the other hand have the opposite mindset with thinking that IMMs should feel privileged that players are taking the time to actually play their game.

This is a chemistry for disaster, and I request that this thread be closed in anticipation that this thread will become toxic. For example, I can read between Trosis' words that he is really trying to not go into a place of negativity, and I appreciate that and thanks for trying buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:57 pm 
Mortal

I really wasn’t trying to hold back negativity.
I’m trying to generalize the cause of the frustration and suggest a potential solution.
But I agree. It’s in the hands of Dulrik at this point. He can take our suggestion or run it the way he runs it. Either way, feel free to lock the thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:27 am 
Implementor

It's not about being snooty, I just don't want to give out false hopes. As Algorab said, I have a list of quality of life issues, but I don't have time to work on them right now and I do not have a current feel for when that may change. I thought I was going to do a bunch over Christmas but that didn't materialize. So I think it's a good thing that I did not make any such promises.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:19 am 
Mortal

I understand. Real life always comes before esskay.
But even this post you just made gives us a sense of hope. Knowing that it’s not being worked on is far better than not knowing if it’s being worked on or not.

The post you just made is pretty much stating “I’m still in the brain-storming phase.” Or “I have determined the items I wish to update. No coding has begun yet.

I feel like a State of Pyrathia type comment, once a month, would resolve this issue with uncertainty that we are having.

It can be as simple as “no change this month.”
Or it could be “was able to spend a small amount of time coding, but still a long ways out from deployment.

I work in IT and we have a SLA that states that for low priority issues we check in with users once a week. Mid priority is once day. High priority is once an hour.
I didn’t write our policy at work, but I believe it is utilized to ensure that the user knows that their issues are being worked on. I would like to see this same concept utilized in regards to updates, crippling bug fixes, or general concerns.

I understand that this could later be used as ammunition against you, if someone wanted to say “look! We have this forum post showing that Dulrik hasn’t done squat in 11 months!” But if you could put that pride aside, it would help PR with the Playerbase.

What do you think, Dulrik? Could we possibly get once a month, quick and simple, posts about the current update in progress?