Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Newbie School Revamp
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:21 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Gailehn, Stephanov
I am breaking this off another thread as it began to splinter, but I want to keep a discussion together for those interested in collaborating in revamping the newbie school. Mostly, I need to know who you are, so you can view the Google Doc that has been created to get this thing built.

Continuing where I'd left off on the thread, and a few PMs - there's an updated draft of the first two rooms:
1. A major shift has been made toward instruction being guided and interactive between academy NPCs and newbie characters.
2. MOST information is given the academy NPCs. MOST hints have been removed/reduced to command reminders.
3. Boards and mentions to help files remain, but the stress in each room is to learn the lesson of the learn as given by the instrutor, and to use the boards and help files as resources.
4. The purpose/goals of each room lesson are stated, and should be taught in each room and there should be interaction related to that lesson. Players are reminded to ensure they understand the lesson before they move on.
5. And yes, players can still go back and relearn <-- I still have to get this bit sorted. Presently the option exists to repeat a part of a lesson, or continue the lesson, but it is smart to also have restart as an option, for those who need it (esp if they have to quit out mid-room and forget where they may have left off).

Want to help? Send me a PM with an email address and I'll send you a link to the file. :)

Post subject: Re: Newbie School Revamp
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:06 pm 
Mortal

+1 Thumbs up