VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Can I have my skill back? Set to "not learned" by IMM
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
Master - whirlwind blast (not learned)

Ability was set to "not learned" by an IMM when it was mastered. I spent a ton of time getting it to superb, then used 5 loyalty tokens to master it. Loyalty token is important to me because I have so little of it.

My opinion is IMM could've just said "dont do this" and I would comply. IMM could've just locked his room without punishing me. My chief complaint is that the IMM went straight to punishment without talking about it instead of the "muhahaha I'm an evil god, and I shall sap your soul" which would opens the door to RP where everyone can have fun with it.

I would appreciate a conversation ICly in the future before any action is taken against my character. Players dont magically forget an ability overnight from an IC perspective. I'm pretty bummed about this. I'm just trying to have fun with my character.

Have mercy upon my mortal soul,
- Naubie, Shogun of Zhenshi

Post subject: Re: Can I have my skill back? Set to "not learned" by IMM
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm 
Mortal

A little bit of context:
- Found out hiryu can push someone into Thuban's room in Daemonlord Tower (previously unpassable by a special script)
- Got punished by an IMM and whirlwind blast was set to not learned
- Fytrysk was summoned to the spot I quit just to annoy me
- Thuban's door was set to locked and unbashable (he could've only done this and it would've been the end of that)

Is it really necessary to go the extra mile to alienate a player? This makes me very bitter and resentful.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:13 am 
Immortal

You have not been punished, and this is all IC. Other characters have also been subject to annoyances and hindrances as a result of pushing boundaries with an evil god. You probably should have guessed there could be IC consequences. You were also given an opportunity to engage in some RP but logged out. Maybe you did not catch the echo you got sent. Worst case scenario, you retrain your skill (it's not disabled, just unlearned) that was robbed from you for using it in a way that was IC just plain unwise. Best case scenario, you find another way to undo the loss. Either way, I just want to be clear it is not a punishment, and other players have already even received some rewards for subsequent actions and RP. It's an IC consequence that your character has to deal with IC.

Since LTs are more or less an OOC thing, I'm happy to let your expenditure kick back in when the skill is back to superb and put it straight back to being mastered (it should not take very long to get it to superb). On an OOC level this is meant to be a minor inconvenience that doesn't sting very much and can even lead to some fun RP and group PvE style combat scenarios, because as some other characters may have already noticed, their friends have gotten dragged into the situation as well. It's a far cry from the slay and eat types of results you might have gotten for crossing an immortal IC in the olden days.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:08 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
I see both sides of this and think it’s well handled.
Losing the LT’s would cause me anger as well. But I think Thuban mitigated that aspect.
Also, hats off to you guys getting through the door!

It could have been argued by the RM that this is bug abuse. But instead of bug abuse punishment, there is some IC RP behind it. I think that is a great step in the right direction, ever since the “take command debacle.”

Naubie, having this new information and the Imm side of the story, how do you feel about the situation now?