Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Impossible to find class specific skills.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 am 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
There should be a way to ask trainers or other npc for a location of trainers in world. It's not meta gaming to ask someone where a skill is. Cause for the life of me I cannot find anything that helps a swashbuckler out. And with limited in game interactions it makes it kinda hard to learn your character.

Post subject: Re: Impossible to find class specific skills.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Agree totally. There are several classes that are pretty screwed with finding trainers for some skills. Bards, Swashbucklers, Necromancers.. for example. On the other hand certain classes have a one-stop-shop for almost all of their upper tier skills.

Would be great to see this changed. It should be easy to find a trainer for every skill up to [very good]. Hide the more advanced folks.

Last edited by archaicsmurf on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:02 pm 
Immortal

Not sure what your specifics are, but there are a few broad swashbuckler trainers in Ch'zzrym that might have what you're looking for. You might need some assistance reaching them though.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:03 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

That's part of the problem isn't it though. Obscure locations with limited trainers for skills an apprentice. I can build a merc or a barbarian and find everything I need in one to two towns.

I'm not saying everything should be simple and easy to find. However apprentice skills and lower should be some what common place.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:09 pm 
Immortal

Depending on the skill, many of the other swash trainers are pretty centralized, but examples and I can take a look.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 pm 
TMS Cheerleader

Juggle was a pain to find. I happened upon a bard in exile that could teach it. But other than that I searched nerina teron menegroth the scout encampment in exile. Maybe I missed something. Just seemed to be a rare find for an early skill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:57 am 
Mortal

Amphitheater could get some new trainers close to the entrance, as a pseudo-guild for some of the light-armor classes? Maybe a quest to join and gain access?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:23 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
For juggle: I think a lot of swash skills were in Morton before it got destroyed for zombie vnums. I’d love to see that place come back though.
I don’t think trainers were re-distributed as well as they could have been at that point.

As for the amphitheater? I think that’s a great idea. I liked the idea of the area, but haven’t had much reason for going there.

Is there any conceptual way to help players find trainers, outside of an ooc list of trainers?
Expiration and finding it is part of the fun or part of the struggle, depending how you wanna view it. But does anyone have any ideas of a workable system for finding trainers?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 pm 
Immortal

Trosis wrote:
For juggle: I think a lot of swash skills were in Morton before it got destroyed for zombie vnums. I’d love to see that place come back though.
I don’t think trainers were re-distributed as well as they could have been at that point.

As for the amphitheater? I think that’s a great idea. I liked the idea of the area, but haven’t had much reason for going there.

Is there any conceptual way to help players find trainers, outside of an ooc list of trainers?
Expiration and finding it is part of the fun or part of the struggle, depending how you wanna view it. But does anyone have any ideas of a workable system for finding trainers?

There are some books in-game that already detail things like equipment, and areas. So in-game books could be one very simple option.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm 
Mortal

A character needing to get to Jaerth to train a skill is dumb. Like I said previously, folks should be able to get to [good] or [very good] pretty easily.

Seaside also had a fencing master NPC that was an advanced swash trainer, also had a flaming rapier that was semi okay in the right hands. I think there was also a bard trainer that is sorely missed.