Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Make Uxmal Great Again - PK Haven
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:49 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
In short, I want Teron to be a wasteland of PK.
I was speaking with another player about this a while back and it’s time to post this idea.

The goal is to make Teron the most heavily-populated city in the game.
Without the consequence of being outlawed or banished, it’s the perfect place to let tribunals and murderers battle it out.

I want to influence higher foot-traffic by making the Teron inn superior in all aspects.
Increase the Crossroads Inn hp/me/pe regeneration by, lets say 50%. Possibly tone back the regeneration for other inns by maybe 10 or 15%. Regeneration in other inns should still be nice. But not nearly as good as Teron’s.
This would be the ideal location for brewing, enchanting, consecrating, scribing, etc...

I would also like to see the “hours logged toward hoarding” to be slightly to moderately increased in the Crossroads in a similar way. The goal is the same, but anyone needing those last minute “logged hours” at the end of the month would be a prime target to get “manually dehoarded.”

The next goal is to bring tribunal warfare to Teron and Uxmal as a whole. Tribunal guards need to be able to enter and travel through Uxmaln lands. There is no law in Uxmal, so who is going to enforce “you can’t have guards here” from an RP standpoint?
Uxmal borders each or the countries that have tribunal guards. It would make sense that these lawless lands can be patrolled by any army.
I would be okay with having a very low number of “uxmaln law NPCs” spawn every area tick or something like that. RP as a local band of thugs that don’t like the law, similar to how it works now with the gate guards yelling out about tribunal members entering the city and being attached. But if we don’t want that, that’s cool too.

So the TL;DR version is:
Increase regeneration and “logged hours” for the Crossroads Inn. Let tribunal guards walk through Uxmal.
Doing this would benefit the PK scene and could even benefit the non-PK’rs, if they’re neutral enough not to get attacked in The Crossroads.

What aspects of this can be performed by Algorab and Thuban. Which aspects need Dulrik intervention? Either way, I think this could drastically change the game for the better and would require minimal effort from a coding-perspective (in theory)

Discuss.

Post subject: Re: Make Uxmal Great Again - PK Haven
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:39 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
I really love this idea. To piggyback, I'd love if there were watchtowers that could be scattered around Uxmal that could be captured for a kingdom, like a base domination. You could then outfit them with garrisons, fast travel between them, etc. Some sort of bonus to the tribunal that captures them all.

Last edited by archaicsmurf on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:13 am 
Mortal

Make the time spent in Teron count towards keeping items higher.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:45 am 
Mortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
I really love this idea. To piggyback, I love if there were watchtowers that could be scattered around Uxmal that could be captured for a kingdom, like a base domination. You could then outfit them with garrisons, fast travel between them, etc. Some sort of bonus to the tribunal that captures them all.

I made a post almost a year ago about “tribunal warfare” and it was a fairly complex system, but it was all about pushing country boundaries and the steps it would take to get them back. I’ll find the link later if we want to go down that rabbit hole.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:11 pm 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
Interesting idea. Teron has always been a fun place to PK.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:59 pm 
Mortal

Algorab, how difficult would this be from an imm perspective?
Are you able to access the refen rates for inns?
Are you able to flag all tribunals as “at war” with the country of Uxmal?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 pm 
Immortal

Trosis wrote:

I don't think this is actually possible without a pretty good time investment from Dulrik, based on how the countries and tribunals are set up. I don't think it's even currently possible to declare official "war" with the country of Uxmal as there is no law/diplomacy mechanism that currently affects these areas.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Yed wrote:
Trosis wrote:

I don't think this is actually possible without a pretty good time investment from Dulrik, based on how the countries and tribunals are set up. I don't think it's even currently possible to declare official "war" with the country of Uxmal as there is no law/diplomacy mechanism that currently affects these areas.

Inn regen rates can't be turned up/down in a simple way?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:18 pm 
Immortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
Inn regen rates can't be turned up/down in a simple way?

That part might be easier to implement, but I think only Dulrik has access to that. I don't remember exactly, but I think this effect is applied by a single room-flag. Meaning it can only be toggled on/off, and the rates of regen- if turned up/down- would then be applied to all inns in all areas.