Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bring Back Relics, Not CRS
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:02 am 
Mortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
Not sure how that would devalue cabals. It would only give incentive to cabals to meaningfully engage in a "war". We have these neat secret clubhouses with formidable defenses, it only makes sense that we have a reason to trash our enemies clubhouses. Easy to implement as it's just a simple copy/paste.

This. 100%

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:08 pm 
Immortal

Trosis wrote:
It’s tough to RP war with a cabal as a whole.
How difficult would it be to bring back relics, but there is no consequence to losing them?
You don’t lose cabal skills or spells. You only have the shame of being unable to protect what matters most to your cabal.
I think this would add some good RP dynamic to people who want to RPPK.

Wasn’t CRS removed because it was a The Rich Get Richer scenario? You’re handicapped without your spells and you have to take on a more powerful inner guardian? People were getting upset that they couldn’t use their seekrat kewl spells?

Hopefully the CRS code still exists out there and the archives and maybe a few lines can be commented out so that skill/spells aren’t removed?

What does everyone think? Would this be a positive new dynamic?

I think I'd rather see some of the mechanics of CRS applied to tribunals as part of a basic war system, and since pretty much every cabal member is in a tribunal it could create some different opportunities for interaction for cabals too. It could even create a way for the weird Imperial cabal/tribunal structure to actually be a bit of an advantage.

There are also areas that could be given boosts in relation to tribunals/countries that wouldn't actually be major issues as far as balancing goes. Something like holding the standard of countries you're at war with gives an economy boost, or reduces the cost of tribunal abilities. It could feel impactful and relevant to a war effort without feeling necessary enough to declare war all the time just for the benefit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:33 pm 
Mortal

I'd want to avoid the problem CRS faced, which was that the winners were given benefits that made winning more likely and the losers suffered penalties that made losing more likely. Still, this could be a fun idea.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Algorab wrote:
I think I'd rather see some of the mechanics of CRS applied to tribunals as part of a basic war system

Something like holding the standard of countries you're at war with gives an economy boost, or reduces the cost of tribunal abilities

I want this and my idea, if I'm allowed to have my cake and eat it too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:24 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Arkex, Chronis, Azoreth, Kyln
Algorab wrote:

I think I'd rather see some of the mechanics of CRS applied to tribunals as part of a basic war system, and since pretty much every cabal member is in a tribunal it could create some different opportunities for interaction for cabals too. It could even create a way for the weird Imperial cabal/tribunal structure to actually be a bit of an advantage.

There are also areas that could be given boosts in relation to tribunals/countries that wouldn't actually be major issues as far as balancing goes. Something like holding the standard of countries you're at war with gives an economy boost, or reduces the cost of tribunal abilities. It could feel impactful and relevant to a war effort without feeling necessary enough to declare war all the time just for the benefit.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26050&hilit=Tribunal+warfare

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=26052&hilit=Tribunal+warfare

That’s a great idea. I support it.