Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Scout
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:18 am 
Mortal

1) Please stack arrows and herbs when you are picking them up and putting them into and out of containers, it will cut down on spam.

2) a)Make rapid fire work like dual wield so that we may reach up to six attacks with the proper bow.
b)Make rapid fire work like specialize only with ranged weapons so we can fire as many as merc

3) More herbs in more terrain, be creative.

4) Better pets, more variety of pets, we have creative people and a world of animals to choose from.

5) Rework skins and skinning to make this a viable armor solution.

Post subject: Re: Scout
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:23 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Agree fully with all suggestions. I would only expand your last suggestion to say that for a scout, skins shouldn't just be viable, they should be optimal. Would be happy to help these come to fruition in whatever ways are needed.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:48 am 
Mortal

It would be nice to see skins give a 1.5% bonus per every skin past the first so a full 8 skins including container would give you a 10% boost on all protective innates. So if you have 30 mp it becomes 33 fortitude 20 would become 22 etc. down the board. It's a slight boost but in the end it would add up and make spending the time needed for a full suit really worth it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:17 am 
Mortal

Masterwork bonuses should be dex based and not race based.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:21 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
TheX wrote:
1) Please stack arrows and herbs when you are picking them up and putting them into and out of containers, it will cut down on spam.

This is one of the best ideas in scout history. Especially the retrieval and re-sheathing of arrows can be a real nuisance for the scout and his companions. It must be improved.

TheX wrote:
2) a)Make rapid fire work like dual wield so that we may reach up to six attacks with the proper bow.
b)Make rapid fire work like specialize only with ranged weapons so we can fire as many as merc

I don't remember the mechanics exactly. I've always wanted scouts to be the dominant archer class, but I think bow-specialize was specifically intended to make a bow-spec'd merc just as good as a scout. Maybe even better. For some reason I'm thinking the armor worn may affect overall archery skills, but maybe I'm smoking crack and making things up in my head.

TheX wrote:
3) More herbs in more terrain, be creative.

Great idea.

TheX wrote:
4) Better pets, more variety of pets, we have creative people and a world of animals to choose from.

There's already a pretty wide variety of pets out there. I suspect more than the general population is aware, and probably even more than most advanced players are aware.

TheX wrote:
5) Rework skins and skinning to make this a viable armor solution.

Skins have already undergone some improvements in recent years. They're not back to being the ideal (like supernatural skins used to be), and they're not as bad as they were before innates were added to skins, etc. They're pretty decent right now, I could support further improvements to skins and skinning, but I don't think you'll ever convince Dulrik to make them so good that average non-scout players would start choosing to use skins in lieu of manufactured armor. Any proposal that leads to that end effect will be DOA. Improvements that are unique to scouts wearing better skin armor may be easier to sell. Personally, I would like to see skin options opened up so that any unconventional material that can be worked/resized/repaired in a shop can be skinned and tailored into armor. So that includes skin material types like wood, glass, stone, etc.

Good suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 am 
Mortal

Skinning do something about skinning this is just plain insanity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:44 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Other races should get a skinning bonus.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:48 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
Why shouldn't the best dragonscale and mithril skins should be at least as good as the best manufactured armor? You still have to go to endgame areas, then you're usually hunting the rarer NPCs, and then you have to farm them for a long time because the skinning success rate is low, nevermind the backups you need for enchanting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:19 am 
Immortal

SK Character: NA - Inactive
saxifragaceae wrote:
Why shouldn't the best dragonscale and mithril skins should be at least as good as the best manufactured armor? You still have to go to endgame areas, then you're usually hunting the rarer NPCs, and then you have to farm them for a long time because the skinning success rate is low, nevermind the backups you need for enchanting.

Hmm, that's a solid argument. The original change to skins resulted from everybody wearing supernatural skins when they were better than everything else and you could quickly & easily stock up on them by dropping a bunch of fytrysk in Morea. I hate seeing GM scouts running around in manufactured armor just as much as I'd hate to see all light-armor classes wearing exclusively scout-cut skins again.

Tho, thinking back on it now, the best dragonscale skins from the top-tier strongest dragons may be basically as good as the best manufactured light armor, minus any potential scripts; but there might be a caveat in there somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:59 am 
TMS Cheerleader

SK Character: Addison
maybe not a skill, but maybe just script it where they receive a natural armor bonus for wearing homemade cut skins. I doubt it be that hard to do.