Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Building Update Log Q&A
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:03 am 
Immortal

This is for questions pertaining to the building updates. Please post any questions or suggestions regarding building updates here.

One question I have is whether there is any loot that is sorely needed right now. Please don't just list off loot you personally want for your current character. I'm thinking in terms of game balance and playability. Is there something missing? I've recently added a bunch of new vials for brewing, since lack of vial availability has been a source of ire. Most are strong. A few are powerful.

Post subject: Re: Building Update Log Q&A
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Decent sickles are super rare as are kamas, epees, and bastard swords in good materials. Bardings and horshoes if you don't want to go Nashira, specifically for cloth of light armor classes that are well enchanted durable and dont weigh a ton.

I think having a shield in the storeroom would be a good addition too. And I have noticed that the jewlery in the storeroom is limited, specifically, people with access that are not playing actively will get kitted out in storeroom astral loot just to keep the gear in their hands and limit it for new characters gaining access.

Jewlery with greater wis mods seems pretty rare too. Decent water and fire armor is still not very common. There is mid grade water and fire armor, but not much top end with enchants and so on. If you compare all the top end adamantite and compare it to top end mithril and energy, there is way more adamantite that only heavy armor classes can use compared to high end energy that two armor classes share. Maybe add another top end mithril suit on something to take the load off the high end energy demand.

It's also nice to see uncommon used materials turned into high end users, like the shadowleather and the snake scale armor. That adds a bit of diversity to suits. But all those are built for non-hooved races. (Matching suits that is and that require the entire suit to be useful)

Oh and that observation goes towards the sacred pantheist armor. All other sacred sets gives protection and armor, but pantheist only gives armor. Can it do something else? Bless or if you want it equal to protection spirit aura? You have a much larger pool of characters sharing one sacred set and its inferior to any religion armor.

Just some random observations. Overall, I like all the new additions as of late and have had a lot of fun exploring old areas to see what has changed. Thank you and keep it up!

[Edit] also every cabal gets a special item to work with their skills or spells, a certain amulet for our crusaders, special ki straps for the sk ninjas, a pike for the midnight folks, a knot for the artist formerly known as adepts and an orb for tree huggers. That only completely work as being part of that cabal. How about something for this Yiggmas for Harlies?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:09 pm 
Immortal

The rarity of certain weapon types is enforced by the code. There's a little room to maneuver, but not much. I switched the shield sold in the store to diamond. That should solve that problem. The astral pieces are set to the maximum amount allowable. Water and fire armor aren't hugely popular once people can get energy armor, so there has never been a huge push to put more in. That's doable, though. Same with some more mithril, sacred oak, and wisdom pieces. Though, with scout-made skins being viable and with a scripted suit of dragonscale available at the guild, that's not as high priority. I hear you about the hoof thing. Some new centaur-themed sacred oak armor did go in not too long ago, but it's alignment restricted to evil.

The cabal-themed items went in for Crucible, Fist, Hammer, and Midnight. I didn't add anything for Druid or Harlequin. Only one function of the orb is keyed specifically to Druid members, and I'll either eliminate that function or unrestrict it. Because Balance. If I make some new cabal items, I'll do one each for Druid and Harlequin.

Definitely cannot see adding spirit aura to the pantheist suit. The sacred suits may be subject to more rebalancing in the relatively near future.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:29 pm 
Immortal

Would people be interested in custom equipment being made available from the Adventurer's Guild?

It would be open to people who complete the dragon quest (not the store room quest). Items would follow the same protocol as items that were awarded to bonanza event winners in recent years. The restrictions on those were that they cannot be energy or adamantite, the player can specify up to +4 in innate bonuses of their choice, the player can create the descriptions for the item, and the item will work like sacred or store room items that crumble if anyone else other than the character who acquires them tries to wear them or they go unworn for too long a period, and won't save for other people who log out with them. Allowable item types would be weapon, armor, or treasure. I would consider staves or wands, but probably just for defensive, healing, or utility spells, and not high-level spells (maybe expert level or lower). Certain weapon subtypes, such as ki straps and a few of the very highest-end weapons, would be disallowed.

It would cost money to get a custom item. You can always go back and re-get it if you lose it. You can get as many custom items as you want, as long as you keep paying for them. 50 obsidian per item. It's a lot, but characters that last a while have plenty of opportunities to amass obsidian over and over. Even relatively casual players will be able to afford one or two items if their characters persist a while.

The idea is not to make an OP kit out of this (hence, no admanantite or energy, and +4 instead of +5). It's for convenience and for players to create equipment they like on an aesthetic level, and to have things that are like signature items, unique to a given character.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:33 pm 
Mortal

Can I have swashes that can hedgehog and wolverine?

Sacred oak is cool [REDACTED].

The thing most people are looking for are enchants, so that mid range stuff will become more valuable with +5 on it

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:24 pm 
Mortal

hi Thuban

thank you for all the things

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:57 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Yes for the custom item!

I am all for letting the user of the orb use all its abilities.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:57 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
custom equipment sounds awesome.

WRT the code enforced rarity of certain weapons, could you look into the enchants/material/crumbliness/zappiness of the existing sickles? there is a certain scripted sickle that would be whole lot more usable if it was made out of adamantite instead of energy or if it did a different damage type.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:09 am 
Immortal

saxifragaceae wrote:
custom equipment sounds awesome.

WRT the code enforced rarity of certain weapons, could you look into the enchants/material/crumbliness/zappiness of the existing sickles? there is a certain scripted sickle that would be whole lot more usable if it was made out of adamantite instead of energy or if it did a different damage type.

Updated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Thuban wrote:
Would people be interested in custom equipment being made available from the Adventurer's Guild?

You might be Santa Claus if you can make this happen. Anyone who isn't drooling right now is delusional.

Also where can I find more information about these cabal exclusive items?