Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Alliance & Black Hand
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:07 pm 
Mortal

I personally love BH and GoA, as with what most people seem to be saying, BH offers a different kind of dark than the Empire portrays. GoA is less righteous fury bringing down the righteous hammer like Taslamar, but is more of a shield that protects against the dark.

Honestly just the option to make new alliances/conflicts and to build something new and mold it into whatever it needs to be is appealing.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:40 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
I loved those tribunals, but I do know they closed areas to help people congregate more in common areas. THAT I like. GOA and BH were awesome.

My recommendations would be to implement my TRAVEL ASTRAL GUIDE idea where you pay for gates and teleports to different major cities, or longer happy hour times (or multiple ones) to have gathering times more often.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:22 pm 
Mortal

This is more of an issue of the endless cycle of Keeper/Empire wars with the Talon in the middle saying no fighting here, we don't believe in it. All the time. It is pretty stale and these tribunals would offer more diverse landscapes for people to put their characters in. The mud feels so static atm.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:34 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Baduin
Bones wrote:
I would also like to add that it is no doubt a big job if this was to happen. It's a job I am willing to help with as much as I can. For those of you who do want these awesome groups back, would you be willing to put in the work for it?

I would definitely help in my capabilities to make this happen, brewing RP, writting rooms, help clean up old areas.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:04 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I am all for the return of black hand and the guardians. I considered them the most interesting tribunals anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:03 am 
Mortal

The last time I played the GoA were just on their way out, I had no idea the hand was no longer around, but with the small amount of people who are usually on now, its no wonder there are less. I would love to see both of these groups come back, or even better something new take their place.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:31 am 
Mortal

It's been mentioned a few times, but for me the interest in the other tribunals is the difference in feel and tone. There's one light aura and one dark aura tribunal and one... Hodge-podge one that can hold whatever alignment but by design tends to not to pick sides.

If your dark aura character was more diabolic or mystic in nature, the legion is an odd fit. If your light aura character isn't suited for life in a capital city or is not a zealous warrior of the light, keepers are also a strange fit. People have had to force characters into these tribs due to lack of option, I feel.

And, more tribs opens up alliances and actual politics as opposed to having just empire vs. Taslamar all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 am 
Mortal

Having elves in Keeper seems a little odd. Having elves living in Teron is extra weird. We need a home for elves so Asither can be king of the elves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:14 pm 
Mortal

I'll gladly lead the Black Hand as Dedhorobrog and do all the sufficient RP to bring back my friggin Tribunal >_<

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:30 pm 
Mortal

I'd like to see it, to be honest. I like how SK works now that CRS isn't a thing. I understand that with reduced playerbase comes a need for reduced factions and I agree with it- I just honestly don't think Talons are very interesting as a tribunal when compared to GoA/KoS or Black Hand. There just isn't as much meat in the story of Zhenshi as it currently stands compared to Aghelia/Ayamao, in my opinion.

That said, perhaps the BH/GoA might be better served being merged like in the old days with the cabals druid/crucible? Maybe the same could happen for talons too.