Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Guardians of the Alliance & Black Hand
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:32 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Baduin
Guardians of the Alliance. Black Hand. Would you like them to return? Yes or no. Why or why not? Open for discussion.

For those of you not playing SK, would you be more inclined to return if these tribunals also made a return?

What would you change of both factions? let's say the Black Hand is more inclined to a Warchief centered hierarchy and finally despoil the necromancers, or the necromancers resurface and reclaims the North.

For Guardians or the Alliance, so they finally restore Sith a Niel? close the volcano, and make a city where the volcano was a perfect mixture of beautiful natures forests and ruthless mountains.

Post subject: Re: Guardians of the Alliance & Black Hand
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:08 pm 
Mortal

Yes, I would. I think the game would benefit from more people playing by bringing these groups back. They were the two most fun tribs in my opinion. I am willing to do anything to see it happen. Unspeakable atrocities.

The orcish approach of warchief rule definitely works for black hand. I'm the strongest so you play by my rules until I'm not the strongest. It totally works.

GoA just needs to reforge the alliance. Work with our Druid scholars to find a means to restore health to Sith'a'niel, and perhaps the good king there. Kiaralasse has an interesting theory about this that got Asither's attention.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:20 pm 
Mortal

No

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:50 pm 
Mortal

Why?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:12 pm 
Mortal

Would love to see GoA and BH come back. Brings back diversity to the game rather than having to choose between warring factions of light and dark. I personally would migrate to Sith. Keepers = Vanilla... Legion = Chocolate... BH/GoA = something in between that opens the door for RP'ers

As Grand Druid, restoring GoA has always been a reoccuring theme and everyone that joins usually ask... can we bring GoA back?

Definitely a plus.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:30 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Leila
I've voiced my opinion on this numerous times over the last two years, but I'm still very much in favor in having the chance to try to bring back these two tribunals, or perhaps a replacement.

For dark aura characters, the RP of Legion a specific flavor, which either doesn't appeal to many or gets old after a while. GoA is interesting for me as a an RPer because it could be a mixtures of auras who don't have much in common besides a dedication to their land, and that potential moral ambiguity and ethical dilemmas is more interesting to me than the usually pretty clear-cut Legion vs. Keeper RP.

It doesn't make much sense to me that nothing would arise over the hundreds of IC years to fill the power vacuum in the north, or that the elves would ignore the state of Sith'a'niel and the apparently ever-increasing number of dark-elves in Ayamao.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:33 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Just like with equal opportunity diversity is always better to let players break the status quo and try something new.

Quango would be all over GOA or even Knights of Selkwood if it still was a thing. I know darkies are tired of having to go legions for their only 'safe' tribunal to be naughty freely. So bringing black hand back seems like a no brainer.

If it can be done I would love to see these organizations come back and maybe remove mc from the must be legion requirement to encourage more secret cabal members.

*proudly wears his bring back GoA and BH pin*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm 
Mortal

I'm all for this, I was an old Black Hand member back when Minotaurs came around and I played a Minotaur Barb that was very much involved in the chieftain/war clan mentality.

I never got a chance to play with the GOA and I would love that opportunity.

I liken the reduction of options to an old company I worked for. They did away with 401k and payment match and never gave anyone more compensation when they did this. The staff realized, well there is no future because this company doesn't invest in it so why should we stay here? Turn over went through the roof.

By reducing options, and taking away benefits people see this a decline in the platform (company or game) and therefore further leave. I think we should keep areas open and give players options.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:09 pm 
Mortal

I have always been of the mind that more options is better. Meaning more options means more players. Taking them away did nothing to promote an increase in player activity. What could it hurt at this point? I don't see any obvious drawbacks? You give the people playing more options and likely people will return or new players will be more entranced by these diverse groups? And if it doesn't? It is still more game content for those of us still playing to enjoy, right?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:31 pm 
Mortal

I would also like to add that it is no doubt a big job if this was to happen. It's a job I am willing to help with as much as I can. For those of you who do want these awesome groups back, would you be willing to put in the work for it?