Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: That didn't last long
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:47 am 
Mortal

I knew there was a reason I hadn't played this game in so long. I could care less about the looting, the PKing and things like that. What really pisses me off is All of a sudden the "other team" suddenly has everyone and their mother on and ready to fight and as soon as the fight is over and they have a kill they immediately log back off. And I know you're all going to say Oh hah was cry me a river, but you're going to end up driving away enough people. That's why The Who list is so small now, you drove everyone else away, and those of us that come back to remember the good old days don't want to bother with the crap anymore. I figured my kids are grown up now and I have more time to do the things I loved when I was younger. Well, thanks again for the not so fond memories. I don't know if I'll keep my character now or not. I'm not gonna rage delete like I used to in the past, but I don't know if I have to motivation to play anymore. There's no point!

Post subject: Re: That didn't last long
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:26 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I am assuming you are Geneol?

I am sorry you are being treated this way. I returned almost everything to every person I pk'd as Quango. And it was a lot of people. I do not expect that treatment, but acknowledge the game is boring without a worthy adversary.

Geneol, I know you got the shaft the last few days, pretty much losing all your stuff each time, but I do think we can get you requipped easily enough. And the glory of a warlock is that you are lethal af even naked.

Lighties, I know you guys are good at pking and it shows. But I can tell you most of the darkies are not and you will likely win most pvp so be nice?

Thanks,
Traggle-poo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:53 am 
Mortal

Hey Trag,

The loosing of the stuff is no biggie, which is why I play a lock because they don't need anything. The absolute lack of RP is no fun. I had to entice RP out of someone who wasn't even involved and that was pretty useless as well. It just ruins the fun of the game that used to be so great! When I had Krewt I had the time of my life. Genai or whatever my thuban priest the king of Teron was also great! I've ALWAYS sucked at PK. Thats never going to change. But the whole point of this game is to have fun and people logging on PKing and the logging right back off is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Does Gainas even RP or does he just log on to PK and log right back off? Or do the lights only RP amongst themselves and in the the background IM each other when they want to kick someones [REDACTED] real quick? To the sprite that got inducted into the keepers right before the fight, thank you for letting me know where everything was sold but to log right back off after telling me seems just stupid, again because there is NO RP. I thought that was the whole purpose of the game. I used to be! Anyway I'm done ranting, there are some great people on here that I missed playing with. Maybe I'll stay with Geneol, maybe I'll quit playing. Regardless, it seems like the same people who made this game no fun years back are still playing doing the same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:12 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I am sorry buddy, I will help get you stuff back the best I can. I hope you are not getting treated so poorly because of folks hating me or someone else?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:15 pm 
Mortal

Man it is what it is. I should have known better than to join a Tribunal. At least the darkies like to RP. I really don't give a crap about the equipment. I'm gonna keep playing because now that my kids are grown up and never home I'm bored a lot when I'm not at work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:08 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
Um. Don't open rifts in Exile and wait on the other side? Don't know what else to tell you. Y'all were gung-ho trying to catch us 3v2 but complain when it's 3v3 and someone dies. The first time you died pretty much everything was left behind and YOU LOGGED OUT. Good RP bro.

If you don't manifest, as an MR barb, I have no way of speaking to you unless you contact me. Which you didn't in either scenario. I stuck around for a bit but had to pickup my daughter from school. I also feel no obligation to chat you up when you were the instigator of a failed attack.

Check yourself before you riggity riggity wreck yourself, broh.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:51 pm 
Mortal

I normally avoid the forums, especially posts like this. But, since you called me out by name I'll respond.

1) There's a system in place that notifies people when their allies are being attacked - I got three notifications today over 2.5 hours of people being attacked by Imperials. If I have time between work meetings to log on when those notifications come in, I 100% will. That's why those notifications were built. Otherwise, you can find me online between 9pm - 12am Central time most nights.

2) Gainas is always open to talk. Ask Krayce, or Atrien/Roofus, or whatever version of Vikor4.0/Draz is being played. Really anyone. Most of the time enemies don't like what they hear, so they consider it bad RP, but it's consistent. I OOCly apologize in advance that the Commander of the Hammer is not nicer to your evil (or gray playing evil) character ICly.

3) LGN have been the aggressors over the past few days, which I appreciate. But you don't get to be bent out of shape when you pick a fight and you lose. You are instigating PK, that comes with risks. Sorry about your loot, that's also part of it. I fully expect my armor to be gone the next time I die (hint: there's logs of people saying exactly that). I also don't expect to be given the chance to buy back my armor in a shop in a neutral city.

4) You have a long history of these types of outbursts after getting killed. Take a deep breath and step away. PK is part of SK. There are extensive posts on how to avoid PK if you don't want to be involved in this type of gameplay, many people are able to do this without frequent outbursts.

Gainas is always open for RP. If you feel you've not gotten your fair share, you know how to type "tell gainas xyz." I ensure you, there has been plenty of RP around the current wars that exist in SK.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:17 pm 
Mortal

Allow me to chime in too. I play Asither. If you join a tribunal, especially one in a slave trading, tyrannical empire that embraces dark forces, you should prolly expect pk to happen against you the second you join. The whole I didn't have a problem with you guys before act was about as silly as it gets. Also, as far as the looting goes, it has been threatened from your side and it looks to me like the lighties are making good on holding darkies to their own threats. I know that regardless of how other characters are treated, if Asither dies I am getting looted anyway. That's how I have had to pk for a year and a half now. It sucks, but it's part of the game. I have a lot of pks and have never taken much, but that is the treatment I have always expected if I get got.

If pk is frustrating you, I am not sure anything legion or keeper is for you. I would rather you keep playing and just play something more in your wheelhouse of what you like to do for fun. This doesn't look like it is fun for you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:52 am 
Mortal

I was in the same boat a few months back. Came back after a long hiatus and joined the legion and got thrown into the middle of a ton of PK I couldn't handle, and it just got to be no fun for me. Rerolled a neutral character, and now I can sit out of all PK like I wanted, as well as help noobs and go on trips to cool places with both sides. Its been a lot more fun for me this way.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm 
Immortal

I don't know a ton about either side of this specific conflict, but something to keep in mind for both sides of any conflict.

The actions of the best among you are going to be taken out on the worst among you because the first skill the better people acquire is how to avoid death.

There have been some lacking RP kills/early logs from both sides, and if a complaint is formally made I'll be happy to dig deeper into it, but I've seen more than one occasion of people getting escalated on after the actions of other people they were associated with rightfully or not.

If you don't want to get nailed with guilt by association, I would echo the suggestion of staying out of aggressive tribunals and publicly aggressive cabals as the easiest fix.