Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:39 pm 
Gold Donor

Yep, fixed it to within an hour accuracy. Definitely a DST issue, I used a horrible programming thing and hard-coded an offset. Will look at fixing that procedurally, I have learned a LOT about PHP over the years that will help!

EDIT:
Rather than post again, chose an edit.

Would there be any value to anyone to get an online WYSIWYG copy/paste SK word processor outside of me? I am willing to make one, if Dulrik or one of the admins lets me know the maximum character limits for titles and contents, and if that includes formatting characters, which I think it does based on making elaborate titles.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:42 pm 

SK Character: Someone/Maylu
the_me wrote:
Yep, fixed it to within an hour accuracy. Definitely a DST issue, I used a horrible programming thing and hard-coded an offset. Will look at fixing that procedurally, I have learned a LOT about PHP over the years that will help!

EDIT:

Would there be any value to anyone to get an online WYSIWYG copy/paste SK word processor outside of me? I am willing to make one, if Dulrik or one of the admins lets me know the maximum character limits for titles and contents, and if that includes formatting characters, which I think it does based on making elaborate titles.

I’m not sure what those letters mean, but THANK YOU!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:03 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
the_me wrote:

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure I made one of those. Must still be somewhere deep in the new website, not sure if it's still working though

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:46 pm 

What if we could hear tells/gtells and reply in our sleep??

Quiet mode would see more use, lol, but Idk, I like it.

Maybe there could be a chance of you waking up, esp when replying, if thats more realistic?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:03 pm 

Small suggestions, from some light character testing.

Add more trainers with 'animate undead'. I've not played in years, and in some respects am back to newb status. Tried pleveling a necro for a couple weeks. Found trainers for literally every spell but animate dead - which is strange considering how low level that spell is. For a newb, it's a bit disheartening to not be able to train a 'bread/butter' spell in a fairly obvious way.

Skill for scouts (possibly rogues) - trackless steps. It'd be nice if NPCs couldn't follow you to the ends of the earth when you flee, and it'd make sense for a scout/rogue to be able to be untrackable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:18 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
There are trainers for the spell in most cities, but the trainers are not obvious. Like a certain banker or dude who sells paper and pens.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:53 pm 

quil2 wrote:
Skill for scouts (possibly rogues) - trackless steps. It'd be nice if NPCs couldn't follow you to the ends of the earth when you flee, and it'd make sense for a scout/rogue to be able to be untrackable.

I love this one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:53 pm 
Gold Donor

Got an idea, modify Holy Symbol. Add a parameter that creates the Holy Symbol but with the supplied parameters for the description!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 pm 
Mortal

The first skill I would like to see for scouts would be something that allowed them to actually do damage with bows again. The current damage output for ranged teeters on pathetic, to be honest. Some kind of marksmanship skill that gives them added accuracy or armor penetration or something, I don't know. Scouts are my favorite class, but they are dumpster tier unless you just want to pick flowers all the time and get laughed at if you try and pk.

I haven't messed with envenom, but it seems an added layer of annoying prep you apply to arrows that will more than likely not even hit your target, much less pierce any decently enchanted armor, and that would get frustrating quick.

Their current pet system is absolutely horrible. But honestly, I don't care so much about this. If they forever stayed cannon fodder to buy you some time to get off some meaningful volleys with a revamped ranged boost, utilizing skirmish, etc, etc, I wouldn't care a bit. I honestly can't fathom that gaining envenom was worth literally gutting everything else a scout gets. If someone that has messed with it and would care to clarify on it, that would be great.

EDIT: in their current state, while trackless step is a cool idea for wilderness adventuring classes, a scout is better off being found right now. He is better off being found quickly and snuffed out just as fast so that he's put out of his misery because that is a bad, bad class. They aren't quite as bad off as a couple other classes at the moment, but they aren't playable to me if you have any expectations of doing anything outside of herbing and skinning for people.