Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Bias against darkies
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:13 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Undead controlled by a necromancer have a functioning brain. The one of the necromancer. So a taunt and rally cry should work via the necro. And perhaps can only affect living people since I cannot see how one could effectively taunt a zombie.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:18 pm 
Mortal

I don't see the need to further wimp undead more than they have been. There is realism factor here, but many arguments that could go either direction. Why should a zombie or vampire not be able to sleep? Why should undead have any type of passive healing factor?

And then with taunt as an example, anyone can taunt without knowing languages but if the argument is that the creature cannot reason a verbal taunt due to their loss of brain power, could a lich or vampire still accomplish this?

And then if we examine a charmed humanoid npc, they can still taunt although their intellect shoots down, so when does intelligence, supernatural or otherwise come into play?

If you could clear this up since it has been a while since I played necro,
Auto haste undead used to be able to sleep, but that was changed. Or is it that all undead can no longer sleep?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm 
Mortal

Easy fix: give undead enhanced healing, that echo where the wounds bind or close every round.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:38 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Tragonis wrote:
Undead controlled by a necromancer have a functioning brain. The one of the necromancer. So a taunt and rally cry should work via the necro. And perhaps can only affect living people since I cannot see how one could effectively taunt a zombie.

True they have the brain of the necro, but you don't know how to taunt. So how can you order them to do so? It's a hunk of meat that you have animated or taken control over no higher functions there.
And besides from a balancing point we would be talking about a huge buff to the class.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:08 am 
Mortal

A huge buff they deserve.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:04 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Retired Troll
Tragonis wrote:

If a necromancer doesn't know how to taunt someone effectively, how is he going to tell his undead how to taunt someone effectively? Same with rallying cry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:41 am 
Gold Donor

Baldric wrote:
Tragonis wrote:

If a necromancer doesn't know how to taunt someone effectively, how is he going to tell his undead how to taunt someone effectively? Same with rallying cry.

I'm picturing a big scary wight walking up and shouting "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:21 am 
Mortal

Baldric wrote:
Tragonis wrote:

Fair enough, give necros taunt and rallying cry.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:14 am 
Mortal

I think necros just need access to better controls. Something non-aggro and can be summoned similar to the ease that sorcs have.

I think with nerfs to bash, it may be due time to add bash back to animates if you are concerned about locking opponents down. If taunt is your approach, then maybe it could be available on more intelligent undead controls.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:10 pm 
Mortal

And kill the stupid soldier class. It makes animates worthless. Gm skeletons hit only half as often compared to a gm merc with the same weapon. I swear their innate skills must be only fair. At least when wraiths had fury it helped them do dmg and hit things. Animates are okay for leveling, but after that they are virtually useless.