Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Should Cabal HE'S be returned to their pre-CRS Appearance?
Yes, CRS is gone let us restore some of the uniqueness and character to the Cabals 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
No, the generic cabal setup makes them easier to navigate. 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
I don't care 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Cabal Headquarters
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:08 pm 
Mortal

Hi, for those of you who were around before the cabal raid system you know that each cabal headquarters was different and unique. It was cool.

For those who arrived after the cabal raid system now you know that too. They weren't all generic inside as per the current layout.

How many of you would like to see those old HQ's again?

Post subject: Re: Cabal Headquarters
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:35 am 
Mortal

Voted no, but not for the reason you ascribed to no. In practice, it wasn't really more unique/cool than now, it was just another thing you either knew yes or no. Once your knowledge tripped over to yes, it was just a thing that would build spite between players when people who knew took that knowledge across chars. In an ideal world that would not happen, but that isn't practical to chase around.

The game is obtuse enough for newcomers. Not that we get many, but best foot forward with making the world flatter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:00 pm 
Mortal

Good point.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:02 pm 
Gold Donor

I voted "I don't care", because it could be player-run and fleshed out in RP.

System based, you play the capture the flag game and make alliances to get your flag back, and that of your enemy, fun! Bonus here that doesn't exist in player-run settings is the loss of cabal abilities when your Relic is stolen.

Player-run, you break in to your enemy's base, post a note on their note board. Maybe your enemy does it back to you! You clash, maybe consider being respectful of their goods and remains to some degree, then RP some way to maybe remove the offending posts and RP your way to the next conflict! Bonus here, every party has their cabal abilities!

I had, and still have, an idea that I have discussed with leaders past and maybe a few present, that I will attempt to pass on to the next generation of a group, that might enable this player-run event system!

A few of you have noticed, us players can run some things too! Keep up the RP! Keep up helping the new! Above all, keep up having fun!

Always remember, at the end of the day, this is just a game. Have some fun!