Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Runed Cloak of Mists, Darkstar Pendant, Earth Orb
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 pm 
Mortal

Can we get these items put back into the game? I think the current group of players deserve a big round of applause for keeping things going. I sense a general appreciation for all players, by all players. Since we're out our custom equipment, which would be amazing if we could get that going, I think a couple little concessions like that would really go a long way.

Ezaya

Post subject: Re: Runed Cloak of Mists, Darkstar Pendant, Earth Orb
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:46 am 
Mortal

Stealing onto this post for my own ends rather than split discussion. I agree with the current group being great about taking care of keeping things going. It's been positively refreshing being a new character.

Loot is always fun and we have enough mechanisms in place to prevent hoarding now. It's actually been pretty awesome to be able to go to a place and find an item rather than NPCs being empty due to hoarders. If we got some legendary ones we can put back in, I'm here for it.

For my own self-interest, I'd also toss some random other ideas in the ring as a pat on the back and a help to keep things going.

A lot of the random changes since I last played have honestly felt like a big positive. I absolutely LOVE loyalty tokens with resurrect/armor call, that has been the one change that kept me from getting turned off pushing past apprentice when I first started poking back.

1. reconsider letting leadership order cast please
  2. democratizing some form of item identification (e.g. lore) so only warriors don't have it
  3. updating help files to reflect changes in the past many years (hellfire, fatigue sunsetting, etc). I'm happy to help with this one if someone wants to volunteer their inbox for e-mails
  4. stretch goal that's something stupid: have sellable maps that put sextant coordinates for an area on your area list. I was not a believer in sextants until I came back after forgetting everything I knew, and now I am a true believer. I know no one is retooling quests, but I gotta say from the newbie perspective there's a huge HUGE gap in how SK orients characters to general locations of areas as a whole. and this is as someone who once knew all the things and just needs a memory jog
  5. also stretch goal: let characters that earn loyalty tokens spend the ones they earned. I know the system didn't start like this, but I'm struggling to empathize with not letting this happen

Poking at the game from a decade of rust, the act of being an adventuring profession (or non-caster) can be positively impenetrable sometimes. I know we're living in the twilight years so we don't have a lot of energy to dump into it, but the fresh eyes have highlighted some impenetrability I never saw because I knew the thing.

Just spitballing. A+ on the newbie zone consolidation.

Last edited by jerinx on Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Runed Cloak of Mists, Darkstar Pendant, Earth Orb
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:48 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Wb Will.