Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: that MOTD tho
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:58 pm 
Immortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
I explored the north today and so many areas that used to be there are missing! Dashre Monastery, Ice Fortress, Abandoned Mines. I especially loved the Abandoned Mines. Is there a reason those areas were all closed, and could they be opened again?

Some of that runs together in my mind, but most of those areas were rarely used and if I remember correctly had lots of broken items and things like that in them because they were quite ancient.

I would imagine any opening/re-opening of those areas would require significant work and re-imagining for usefulness.

And as a general statement, there is room to move "item points" around in a way. Also, not every super useful item must be high level. Lots of the "fun" items like fountains, things that make food, low level item sets with big bonuses aren't, but there are lots of limits associated with the item level that are likely to play a much bigger part when it comes to "boost this aura" items that we're talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:46 pm 
Gold Donor

I'd love to work on or at least see the refurbishing of the Dashre Monastery, I used to love that place! Pretty sure I never did get to see all its secrets, but as one who has played Mirans and Zavijans in the past who easily spent hundreds of hours there, pretty damned sure what was going on there!

Liked the Abandoned Mines too, had some nice stuff for the cute evil types! Pretty sure I knew a person who contributed to it who was fun to play with back in the day.

EDIT: Wanted to add, thinking of it, Dashre Monastery is probably one of my favorite areas that existed. It was pretty rich in story and had cool secrets. RIP.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:20 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
You say to Aethas 'You shhould go shparr that centaurr with yourr *hic* shworrdsh.'

[HP: 97%] [ME: 97%] [PE:100%]
>
smile aeth
You smile at him.

[HP: 97%] [ME: 97%] [PE:100%]
>
Mia says 'Matshurro ish inconshishtent at besht.'

[HP:100%] [ME: 94%] [PE:100%]
>
Aethas says to you 'He would demolish me.'

>
Aethas chuckles.
Tanila exclaims to Mia 'I know! I would die of *hic* not *hic* brreathing firrsht!'

>
sayto aeth No way!
You exclaim to Aethas 'No *hic* way!'

Ki straps are pretty weak ofc, like all the fist players in the thread are saying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:35 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
The problem really relies in their accuracy. On paper they should do almost no damage but hit all the time, in reality they take the normal dmg output of fists which is considerable and make it neigh impossible to dodge, parry, or shield block. Now add the fact they got all the racial weaknesses covered and special attacks to give them bonuses against every possible encounter it is just absurd at this point. Anyone who can still argue that this is not the case has not tried to fight a fisty as anyone not a fisty.

I really think making them leather likely isn't even enough. They really should not exists. Period.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:58 pm 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
I really think making them leather likely isn't even enough. They really should not exists. Period.

So, I don't know if I'd want to go like THIS far. I sincerely doubt the coding desire has been there since my previous playing experience to renovate the entire underpinning of combat. There may have been changes, I could be wrong.

Pre-ki-strap FIST competing in a subtype world is not fun except for leveling. There's a world where we have the support to actually just adjust the accuracy of the item, but in our current world - we need to just attenuate them. I think it's a matter of removing any special damage types down to pound and removing any innates. The basic weapon stats + the most a player can add to it is likely enough to get it back in line. Even in an ideal world the concept of a special attack type is laughably wrong for ki-straps.

I'd be willing to change to the other side of this, but I vaguely remember knowing that having no accuracy supplement took fist way in the other direction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:29 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
the_me wrote:
I'd love to work on or at least see the refurbishing of the Dashre Monastery, I used to love that place! Pretty sure I never did get to see all its secrets, but as one who has played Mirans and Zavijans in the past who easily spent hundreds of hours there, pretty damned sure what was going on there!

Liked the Abandoned Mines too, had some nice stuff for the cute evil types! Pretty sure I knew a person who contributed to it who was fun to play with back in the day.

EDIT: Wanted to add, thinking of it, Dashre Monastery is probably one of my favorite areas that existed. It was pretty rich in story and had cool secrets. RIP.

same <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9