Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: that MOTD tho
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:41 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Don't tempt me! You know centaur rogues are my kryptonite.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:08 am 
Mortal

TacoRobot wrote:
Like...this is just blatantly "here, the lighties get a shiny new toy and oh, the non-lighties can have this chewed up [REDACTED] bone nobody wants anything to do with I guess".
I really don't get it.

I don't disagree with the idea...I want praise lewt and buffs showered on me for any reason, esp if I can peg it on being a dark aura. But, I think that assigns more intentionality to it than there was.

My head canon is people have been advocating for flipping back on the things for a while and this was the one concession they got approval for. Probably is a bit of an oversight or afterthought.

I honestly didn't realize the wastes had the judges removed (functionally turning law off). That does make me double down on the not so wild idea, now, of killing law for both (aka catching ayamao up). I think that's the only super pressing thing that doesn't drastically scope creep. I like the idea of dropping the non-gate nature of a few choice shopkeeps, too, but I think ganking the judges would be higher tier.

If you need an IC excuse to permaban judges from the mortal coil, I know a guy that knows a guy

My price is ez, fix (specific secretive group)'s relationship with (secretive polearm) and mebbe drop group requirement for it

but I can be haggled with

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:48 pm 
Gold Donor

So how does one immigrate to one of these countries?

Asking for someone who might have missed something.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:01 am 
Immortal

SK Character: The Shining One
I've been sitting with my response to this thread for a minute, because I want to make sure it's fair. Here goes.

The roleplays for both Ayamao and the Wastes happened at the same time. Yed handled the Southwest, I handled the North. As there were some players who complained about GRPs being to heavy handed while others wanted to be highly involved, we did one of the RPs with very heavy involvement, and one that was mostly optional. The darkies at the time were quite invested and active with the situation in Ayamao but did not engage with the Northern Wastes affair with the exception of Tragonis, who made a very deliberate and conscious decision to undermine the law there and yield rule of the kingdom to confederated tribes.

Note this is not an attempt to blame shift: I did what I thought the players wanted in allowing Pyrathian politics to sort themselves out without forcing anyone to do anything. Players ultimately hated both situations, but the writing was on the wall for the tribunals at that point, and we had to tie it up somehow.

That said, I have ALWAYS had a plan and idea for bringing the roleplay/political landscape to a conclusion in a manner that would restore a form of law to the North. I have played at least two PCs who have pushed the idea from an in-character perspective. But there seemed to be as little interest during those incarnations as there was at the initial event.

Removing law from Ayamao doesn't make as much sense to me as adding it back to the North does. I *will* insist upon some level of player involvement to do it, though. Not because I want to force an outcome (I could have done that at any point), but because everyone feeling disenfranchised in the dark areas *is* a big deal. No, we can't go back and make it the Council of Necromancers, but there is a good deal of potential that can be realized with the tribal scenario. I have no doubt that you guys can take what I've formed in my head and vastly improve it.

If there is interest, I am in a great place to coordinate some roleplays and facilitate it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:38 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
I really only want the north law system back, because their war party had a pimp stave.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:52 am 
Immortal

Tragonis wrote:
I really only want the north law system back, because their war party had a pimp stave.

:lol: I hate it here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:53 am 
Mortal

My only concern with the game currently is that it would be nice if there was literally any reason, anywhere, to not just play a lightie.

And yet we get things like this where, I'm not sure anybody can argue with me is waaay more exciting for team good than it is for team bad.

EDIT : Like, am I the only one who watches the who list? Yesterday, 10-15 people on most of the day. Of that, I saw 1 darkie warrior log on for about 30 minutes, and then a little later, 1 darkie priest log on for like 10 minutes.

Not that I can blame either of them for not staying logged on when the other 14 people on the who list are all lighties (and 1-2 graybies who are never going to go against the lighties, because if they do they risk their ability to play the game).

Today is looking about the same.

Like...apparently everybody else is just okay with this I guess. The game has been this way pretty much every time I've touched it in the past couple years.

Edit 2 : Telling anybody that plays a darkie they need to go RP if they want to get the same stuff as the lighties get for free because "stuff that happened 10 RL years ago" just...Is not encouraging at all.

Go rp with who?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:43 am 
Immortal

Not to split hairs, but I didn't say, "go RP." I said I would require player involvement. I also said I would facilitate any necessary RPs to make changes happen. I don't expect you to do everything.

But if we're talking about things that are unencouraging, putting myself out here with transparency and a willingness to make changes you want, attempting to rectify the collective past actions of a fully-staffed pantheon as one person, and still being told, "not good enough" is pretty awful.

I'm effectively talking about making an entirely new law enforcement system, probably reorganizing areas of the Moot, and instating several layers of lore to the Pyrathian landscape. This is a HUGE undertaking, and honestly, I've never built anything of that scope. All of my areas are ancillary cities/towns, and attractions.

If you want to wait until I'm motivated to do that all on my own because it's not fair, that's cool. But I guarantee that the results will be further unsatisfactory for a multitude of reasons that could be avoided with player input.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:19 am 
Mortal

Awesomeness.

Maybe we could have a collaboration between players and builders here. Jerin seems be good with lore design and I'm willing to do descriptions if needed.

As far as RP coordination, we can always start with setting something up with the players who have relocated/want to relocate to the moot.

I guess the question to me would be, are we moving toward a loose alliace with the old council, or an outright takeover of a gray/dark fox tribal faction? Maybe people could throw out ideas here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:31 am 
Immortal

jreid_1985 wrote:
I guess the question to me would be, are we moving toward a loose alliace with the old council, or an outright takeover of a gray/dark fox tribal faction? Maybe people could throw out ideas here.

The Council was forced to flee and accept total defeat by the tribes. There's canonically 4 tribes (fox, bear, musox, owl), but I would love to reserve the right to expand them as there's really no expansive lore behind them. This tribal storyline could be a true thing of beauty that we weave in from times long past. And it should be reflected some in the Moot as they pulled up the encampment of Moraksdal and have ostensibly been living in the Moot since the uprising. Maybe the architecture and layout remains, but things are looking a bit different.

My PC characters have always contended that the necromancers should have one seat on a tribal summit - they deserve a place to live and should have a (limited) say in governance. Others can, of course, have different opinions about that, but there is zero chance that it would look like an alliance. The necromancers would exist on the summit by the grace of the tribes only. They are completely cowed.

We can start a separate thread for brainstorming.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next