Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Ki straps
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:41 am 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Since the motd thread sort of went off topic I would like to refocus towards ki straps here.

When originally put in the game it was the agreement that they should only be tanso and no better and Thuban was the one to push they be stronger to compete with CRS. Since CRS is gone there is no reason to have ki straps stronger than tanso. Also with better materials came the special attacks added that all where power creeps. Today it seems like ki straps should come in every flavor because we got used to that. I think this was an imbalancing move upon imbalancing move. Nothing happening today omits this, and I am sorry I didn't start really chiming in a lot earlier.

The argument in the motd thread was for helping darkies and what builders can do to help them compete. Since the code change for fists won't happen, what else can builders do? Ki straps is the only thing feasible here. Breaking pointing containers and auto junking could be labeled a bug, but still doesn't entirely stop the process. (See bug forum)

The fact that bash and trip is impossible to prone someone compared to whirl wind which has a very high success rate is once again a coder issue. I know passions are high and those benefiting from ki straps don't want to give up something that makes their characters less powerful. But for the holistic game this needs to be addressed.

Post subject: Re: Ki straps
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:00 am 
Mortal

The alternative, IMO, is shut down darkie character creation and just accept that the game has moved on to a new era.

Darkies can not compete with the Fist in terms of PvE or PvP, and on top of that there is very little RP to do as a darkie, because you have 1/10 of the people to RP off of compared to lighties.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:03 am 
Mortal

I guess that is also a possibility. But even that requires code.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:08 am 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
I guess that is also a possibility. But even that requires code.

I'm actually not sure it does. Close the darkie-related race/class exits in char creation.

In theory, this sounds like something a builder could do.

It def could be code related, though.

But anyways, yeah, IDK. The only time darkies have been relevant in the past 5 years, to my knowledge, is when Trag/Bones/Leila/5 other people all rolled MC centaurs together.

Aside from that, the game is the Fist show.

:drunk:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:50 am 
Mortal

Let's look at it from this point. Aethas a fisty swashbuckler has arguably the best two swashy weapons a swash can have. Mind-killer no dachi for a main hand and stephanos kama for the off hand. And he would be an idiot to use his swashy weapons instead of ki straps. How does that not speak volumes about the issue at state?