Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Weapon Speed changes?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:03 pm 
Mortal

So I noticed today that my character who is 135 years old and has had the same weapon since she was like 105 (6 RL months or so) is now getting less attacks than she used to.

The possibilities here seem to be some new bug with how weapon speed stacks (this has always been buggy in various ways), but the weapon in question is a bec de corbin with innate greater speed and 6 speed added to it. Which, up until this point, guaranteed 5 hits when stacked with either specialization or fury.

I'm not sure how/where such a bug would've popped up unless somebody was trying to fix the existing issues with weapon speed, which......well, any code stuff seems incredibly unlikely, I think we all are aware.

I checked my mood, I checked my affects list, I looked at everything that could possibly be affecting it over the course of an hour or two. I even had a barbarian PC help check with fury up to make sure it's not something with specialization or my character specifically, he only hit 4 times as well.

The only alternative to "somebody messing with code" that I can think of is a builder went and tweaked the innate greater enchant from 5 to 4? No way for us playerside to tell what it was originally of course, but this seems to be the most reasonable/logical explanation for what has changed. But then, even with this, I don't know if it would affect the item I've had in my inventory since like January? Maybe it would, idk.

(Somebody who knows the weapon system better than me could probably input whether a bec de corbin would need exactly 11 speed + spec or not to get to 5 hits.)

Just would be nice to know if it was a purposeful change somewhere or just something to chalk up to "speed is buggy I guess".