Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:40 am 
Mortal

low-level people attacking will get owned by the combination of high level people and guards that're defending. All's fair in war, yeah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:45 am 
Mortal

---My 2 cents on raiding--

to raid a city you need high lvl people, other wise the 100 or so guards that just spawn in lightie cities will just own you.Also, if you can't sneak into a city, there is something wrong with you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:34 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I updated the faction and religion leadership threads. If you're a member of a red or orange group and feel like giving leadership a shot, contact your patron IMM for your religion or cabal. An updated listing of patrons is available in the Immortal Contact list.

Post subject: Re: Leadership on SK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:58 pm 
Mortal

Can we get an update for the factions?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Marcellus
Ive been playing for a while on my current character, and have not seen one monk on besides one. Can we see some activity?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 am 
Mortal

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:09 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Prindle
A couple thoughts:

How involved are the imms in driving global story lines? I've often found, in past muds, that a successful story driven mud is driven from the top down.

It might not hurt to induct some "RP" imms if none exist, give them a lesser status, angels, or whatever, but give them the power to drive plotlines in the background, and reward and penalize good/bad rp. (Look to your experienced, and paragon players who've proved they know how to RP)

Is the playerbase growing or shrinking on average? If the playerbase is shrinking, it might be time to consider shrinking the number of tribunals. Have some globably RP'd wars that result in some occupations/take overs, that sort of thing. I know that sounds outlandish, and I realize this thought may be completely out of character for the mud, so please consider it with a grain of salt, but as the world political stage is refined so too will the immersion in the politics of each kingdom. (You do not need to get rid of languages, or starting zones, etc. existing kingdoms could become provinces, for example) Reducing the number of kingdoms will increase each tribunals membership and likely overall antagonism between borders.

Couple these with good immortal story driving and you'll have the equation for fun.

Finally, and I think it's been said before. Induct good leaders for each cabal / tribunal. People who will make those trying to get into their cabal RP, and work for it. Give these leaders a small degree of support in regards to area building, a keep, a means for them to provide literature and tenants. I'm not sure if it exists, but I liked the thought of a gradient of rank in each tribunal / cabal that people can strive towards achieving, but make the criteria for earning each rank RP based.

Oh here's another idea: Allow a means for Tribunals to expand / protect their borders on the global map. (Outside of the city centers)

Anyway dumping food for thought, sorry for the unorganized splurge of text. I don't have time to go back and edit it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12