Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:06 am 
Mortal

Is there a point to the flaming? Getting personal when it's not about you is rather sad.

I'd like to know how to find a cabal. I've had a good number of hours on with different characters (at least 4 made Veteran and better), and although I didn't look for any cabals, I didn't even notice one.

Only the hammer, they killed me. :lol:

I am looking for one now though and still I don't find any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:53 am 
Mortal

I only speak for the cabal I am in, but if anyone comes looking for us they instantly become a "no" for induction. We much prefer to find you.

As for general hints on how to find a cabal, read the help cabal and help <cabalname> files either on the helpsite or on the mud. By trying to fill the general diciplines that your cabal focuses on, you incrase your chances. Also the cabals are still rather centralized as to their residency. You will commonly find the Hammer in Taslamar, the Druids in Ayamao, the Harlies in Teron, the Adepts in Krychire, the MC in Empire and the fists in Ayamao. Although this is not a hardline rule, the reason its like that is the recall points are in those kingdoms...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:09 am 
Mortal

Rennus_Dragonsbane wrote:
I only speak for the cabal I am in, but if anyone comes looking for us they instantly become a "no" for induction. We much prefer to find you.

That sure could weed out a lot of good members as well. It's sickening to read the, "Well, I don't want that guy in the cabal because he's a fool". Given he might be a fool, but he might not be either. Most of the time it's just the leaders and the members at the time taking a narcissitic elitist attitude. Simply because they just want to stick with the group they have at the moment.

But I'm willing to take a bet that there is a -really- good reason that you don't accept people that come looking for membership to your cabal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:29 am 
Mortal

The cabal I am in prefers a high level of secrecy in what we do. I revealed my cabal to 2 players in the last several months and although they probally had OOC suspicions, ICly they were stunned... Granted we may miss on a few players who might be good, we are quite activally recuiting people. Although not part of the Adepts, I take this excert from their help file (paraphrased) "Often those who seek to find the Adepts find themselfs as part of one of their dark sacrifices"

And for those who do seek us out, I do not keep them dangling or anything - "Those who seek to be found, they shall always be lost"

Cyra wrote:
Most of the time it's just the leaders and the members at the time taking a narcissitic elitist attitude. Simply because they just want to stick with the group they have at the moment.

When I took control of the cabal I am in there was only 2 active characters, myself and one other. The count is now at 6 with more on the horizon. It is hardly this attitude that you speak of. If you fit our playstyle, we will find and induct you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:46 am 
Welcome to the realities of SKs. To get into cabals, it's much easier to have ooc connections. If you know nothing and inject no ooc precepts into your character, or if you have original and workable rp that somebody disagrees with, you don't have a chance.

So get h00ked up yo yo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:35 am 
Mortal

That is not true. Not a single character in my Tribunal was inducted from OOC conversation. And I can care less if you think we are active or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:32 am 
Mortal

The majority of people who get into cabals and tribunals have some OOC connection, sad but true.

Most leaders etc ignore people who come looking for a cabal or tribunal. Why? Let's say that SK is the real world, and some guy comes along wanting to join the NYPD (new york city police department) are you going to ignore him because he WANTS to be part of you? nope didn't think so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:49 am 
Mortal

I got into a Cabal on my first character with no OOC connection, no clue what was going on, and no idea that my friend was the leader of the Cabal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:09 am 
Mortal

As per that NYPD reference, bad example. Not all cabals are kin to 'seeking employment/membership'. The King's guard in Taslamar, the service of the Knights of Selkwood, those perhaps. But not all. Rennus stated a few posts above that in the case of his cabal, things are kept secret. It's taboo to go 'seeking' them out, and it's a turn-off ICly.

As for the MC, we are an elitist organization. No question about it. We choose who we allow the priviledge of the Emperor's highest level of trust, not take applicants from the petty citizens and legions who 'wish to serve'. Ask to join, and you are speaking out of place. There are, however, ways to make your interest clear ICly, and we do note that. I'm pleased to say we have inducted several members without knowing who on earth they are. It's all about how it's played.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:21 pm 
Mortal

So you know, the last several people who have been inducted into the cabal I lead, I had no OOC contact with before hand. One specific member was a player who I would consider as an OOC friend, however I didn't even know who he played until about 3 months after I inducted him into the cabal. The only person who has approched me about making a character for my cabal I turned away giving him some pointers about what I would like for my cabal, however he ended up making a useless priest :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next