Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:42 pm 
Mortal

Ok so the NYPD point was bad, but it does illustrate quite well the peacekeepers and perhaps the knights.

The point isn't whether or not someone is inducted OOC, it's more that leaders are ignoring a lot of people for certain small factors.

And Inuili, your not alone on getting into a cabal/tribunal without OOC help, but for a fact I know your RP is very nice soo, you're ahead of most people there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:49 am 
Mortal

I tend to like to think of the Peacekeepers as newbie friendly. It seems more than one brand-new-to-SK person has started there. That is not a bad thing. They get a friendly welcome if it is done right.

I could tell you the names of more Adepts than I could CoN. I have to rely heavily on other sources to kick down their names.

I, for one, won't play the OOC BS of "I'm so-in-so, so induct/pardon me". It doesn't work that way.

Each character is a separate entity and thusly is treated as such. If someone wants in to the tribunal, they have to present themselves, be able to show their knowledge, show us that the understand how things work.

As for the hours I am around. I tend to play in the evenings and I'm PST so that means I'm likely to be around during the 10-1am EST.

If you are having a hard time catching me and want to join the Peacekeepers, I do not object to being PM'd and asked for a meeting time. Its summer and generally I can scoot in at an unusual time. I doubt very much the IMMs would object to me being made aware ooc'ly that I have seekers on during times I'm not normally around.

But for the more secretive cabals, there is no reason you should know the members if they are good at what they do. The Harlequins, for example, will always have public members and hidden members. Adepts would likely prefer all hidden members, but there are just some of them we know too well anymore. The Druids tend to be secretive, but they don't always succeed well.

Personally, I think it is RP not OOC connections that should matter. If my character made the stupidest mistake, would NOT expect someone to induct me, just because they knew me ooc'ly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:46 pm 
Mortal Contributor

Quote:
The best leaders aren't necessarily the most realistic leaders. The best leaders are often those with stupid, impossible goals that can't hope to be accomplished but somehow are. "No Alexander, don't be daft, how could tiny Greece conquer the entire civilized world?"

I may be late, but I realize this is way too true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:58 pm 
Mortal

Cabal leaders should require atleast one and a half weeks before inducting. More people should be refused from cabals. Cabals should be maxed at less than 10 members. Tribunals should be about 5. Inactivity should mean uninduction. My current activity as my priest should merit my own uninduction if cabals were run that way - and that's how it should be.

But hey - that's just my wacky opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:53 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
Cabals should be maxed at less than 10 members. Tribunals should be about 5.

This doesn't make much sense to me. I agree cabals should be small and elitist, "brotherhoods" in a way (even Hammer and MC who are 'public' cabals are still the elite), but why tribunals? I see them as a national guard, army type thing. Why should they be smaller than cabals - why should they be small at all?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:57 pm 
Mortal

Because they arn't the National Guard. They are the top ranking officials of the National Guard. More akin to the Presidents Cabinent here in the US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:01 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

Aside from the MC, Tribunals are different than Cabals. They are not baby Cabals, in fact, many Tribunals have warred with the Cabal counterpart. There should never be any maximum to Tribunal membership. Cabal membership should be somewhat limited though because they are supposedly secret organizations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:01 pm 
Mortal

OVT: That makes sense. But why does that mean it should be smaller than a secret, elitist brotherhood? Unless of course the country is a dictatorship...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:22 pm 
Mortal

Alea wrote:
OVT: That makes sense. But why does that mean it should be smaller than a secret, elitist brotherhood? Unless of course the country is a dictatorship...

Because the elitest brotherhood doesn't have hundreds of NPCs to aid in its defense, and has to consist of both the leadership and the members. All a tribunal needs to consist of is the leadership - the members are mobiles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:31 pm 
Mortal

It's really just dependant on perception of the country. Most countries have their RP for there tribs set up to be heads of the national guard. The Talons for example are strictly law-enforcers, the Council of Blossoms is the law making body. This is true for the Peacekeepers (untill now Gerevan) aswell.

These I would see as ranking generals of a military.

However if we take the CoN they -are- the law making body. They are more akin to our bodies of Congress.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next