Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:20 pm 
Mortal

True - however, I wasn't really talking about joining other organizations.. just rejoining the same one again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:24 pm 
three_sixteen wrote:
True - however, I wasn't really talking about joining other organizations.. just rejoining the same one again.

True, but it's happened and still does. It's all about who you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:35 pm 
Mortal

The way you looked at the army thing is not right. You may vow to protect your country for life, but at a certain point you time as an active member ends and you move on with your life or you stay with the army.

If you choose to opt out and move on you are still eligable to be called back to duty up to eight years afterwards, after that your done. In the mean time if you left the army what do you do just sit around and wait for them to need you again? No.. you go out and fine a job, such as a police officer, go to school, and do other things.

Now compare it to SK...

We'll use the Hammer and Peacekeepers for an example. You leave the Hammer and what are you going to do now? Go find some other thing to do or join wich could point you to the Peacekeepers, such as the army pointed to a police job. It makes perfect sense to leave an army of a nation to join that nations work force.

It could also go Visa Versa, where an average shmuck working in his nation as a Peacekeeper gets the call to join the army, or Hammer to say. Maybe if a Character was allowed one of each in a life time they would have to join the Cabal/Tribunal of the same nationality as the one the left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:04 pm 
Mortal

Tribunal uinduct has always been meant to be a disciplinary measure for every leader. I remember my first (serious) character being dismissed at an instant after he -began- to -partly- disobey one of Lorzatu's order. I learned that this is how things need to be, if something's going to work right. After some years of suffering, he returned to make amends. He was accepted back, and eventually redeemed himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:15 pm 
Mortal

Maybe instead of having someone get booted everytime they do something wrong, create an option for tribunal/cabal leaders to suspend a persons ability to use the skills of the group. Then the person doesn't have to go through all the oathbreaker junk to get back in the group and the leader has a means to punish someone for their screw ups. Then when the leader deems them ready for the skills they could remove the suspension.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:22 pm 
Mortal

Absolutely great idea! DEMOTE--> BLEMISH. It doesn't have to actually make the cabal skills/spells disappear, as uninduct does, but even then it'd be okay. And really, I'm not talking about every mistake one makes but fairly major failures.

I think it's great. It has to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:57 pm 
Mortal

I wouldn't go as far as getting rid of the skills, just put a lock on them so they can't be used. Maybe let them keep immunity if they are in a tribunal since they still do work for the nation, but lock out leadership and what not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:35 am 
Mortal

I actually like the Demote idea. Good work.

But that is not why I'm posting. My question is about malicious use of the induct ability by cabal leaders. Inducting and then unducting characters simply to give them the oathbreaker flag and keep them from ever being able to join a cabal. Should that character still be forced to play as an oathbreaker because of these actions? This is my major problem with the oathbreaker flag. There is too much potential for abuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:53 am 
Mortal

Er.

IMMs Delete leader. Disband cabal.

Remove oathbreaker flag from "member".

Live happily everafter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:57 am 
Immortal

Radamanthys wrote:
Remove oathbreaker flag from "member".

This is a common misconception. Imms cannot 'remove' the oathbreaker flag. It is there, forever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next