Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:09 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
I originaly dissagreed with the oathbraker flag.
I still dissagree.

What guest suggested, was suggested by myself and others more than enough times already.. to no avail.

I hope something will change, though i dont think it will anytime this year :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:15 pm 
Mortal

I used to disagree with the oathbreaker flag, but after the !@#! that has been happening in the druids the past few days, I think it is necessary. If you don't know what's going on, probably not your business, however, it has changed my view of the flag. It is needed and should stay unless the character had a DAMN good reason for ditching their cabal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:01 am 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
Tarnish would walk equally well.

If a said character screws over and ditches the cabal, tarnish not uninduct them. Thus they would be in the cabal in theory without any benefirs, like exiled from their own home (much like blemishment).
They will be unable to join another cabal/tribunal until uninducted, or untarnished.
Thus if a character is honorably discharged with good RP and reason from a cabal or a tribunal, he could go about to seek another in due time. Should he screw around, the tarnish flag would bound him into either atoning to his own cabal, or remaining forever tarnished.

My two cents ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:30 am 
Mortal

Except for the fact that even a tarnished member of a cabal can enter the HQ and one who was tarnished insted of uninducted could very easy lead a horde of poeple into the HQ to cause trouble.

The Oathbreaker flag is a sad but needed things with some of the types of players these days.

But at least one who has the oathbreaker flag can go from a cabal to a related tribunal and vice versa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:14 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Delear - Maridosen
There are a lot ways to deal with abusive players:
Quote:
-Allow 8 or more IC years between jumping from a cabal to a tribunal and 16 or more for another cabal.
-Allow two different flags rather just the oathbreaker. Withdrawal and oathbreaker flag.
-Set a minimum stay within a cabal in order to jump to something different.
-Set minimum hours of playing the character or years of age. (probably a combination of both)
-Complete quest set by "someone".
-Set strong restrictions on which cabals/tribunals are compatible.

That is all I can think right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:30 am 
Mortal

Quote:
What I'm2old4u wrote

I like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:08 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

I agree with what Im2old4u wrote. Not being able to leave your cabal/tribunal for another sucks and his suggestions are well laid out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:39 am 
Mortal

TheIceHellion wrote:
Except for the fact that even a tarnished member of a cabal can enter the HQ and one who was tarnished insted of uninducted could very easy lead a horde of poeple into the HQ to cause trouble.

Personally, I'd like to see tarnished cabal members not be allowed to enter the HQ at all (unless following a leader). After all, if someone is not in good standing, I would not trust them within the HQ and would inform the ones guarding the doors not to let them in unless they were with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:52 am 
Mortal

1) When tarnished you should not be allowed inside, past the outer guardian. Especially since you cannot uninduct people who are offline.
2) If you offer any stipulations for cabal jumping you will see it create an outbreak, like a rash as many people jump ship for calmer waters. It will level out though and it will be business as usual. I think it will be a breath of fresh air for longer played characters to help burn out or listlessness.

It will create a bundle of characters created simply to jump ship. Nerlin is a prime example of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:11 pm 
I'm surprised to see that you're so willing to dole out punishment, Nimolthar, when every time it's dished to you you [REDACTED] and moan for weeks oocly, and then stop playing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next