Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Oathbreaker
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:10 am 
Mortal

From what I have heard SEALs have a bit of a problem getting promoted since they spend so little time doing what their grade says they should.. blowing things up isn't the best training to learn how to handle a boat ;)

On the other hand.. I also hear those poor folk who are tasked with telling SEALs they can't be promoted automaticly qualify for the Witness Protection Program ((that's a joke... ))

Drewbag wrote:
Sargas (2005) wrote:
guest wrote:
I'd like to see the oath breather flag removed or perhaps ammended so you can go from Cabal to tribunal or tribunal to cabal. Something to give the longer lived races a breath of fresh air after a year or more.

You see, guest, THIS is a good idea.

Finally, some sense. The whole concept of the advancement from the ranks of the guard to the elite of any kingdom- keeper to hammer, talon to fist, and so on- is a perfectly sensical argument, especially in comparison to RL, where the elite are selected from regular soldiers to special forces- navy private to seal, army private to green barrette(SP?) and so on. The oathbreaker flag is fine, but I would like to see this sort of advancement be a bit more feasable, simply with more imms opting to induct based on good RP, not a 1/100 shot. I also like the other way around, the retired marine becoming a security guard/cop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:53 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

From what I have experienced and done. Tribunals are suppose to be on the same level as the Cabals. Not just where they stick those that they don't want right away or ever.

You don't get promoted through the Tribunal to the Cabal. Or vice versa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:50 pm 
Mortal

Muktar wrote:
From what I have experienced and done. Tribunals are suppose to be on the same level as the Cabals. Not just where they stick those that they don't want right away or ever.

Actually in some cases you can get a promotion persay and move up to the Cabal from the Tribunal, just really depends on the RP involved and the willingness of the Leaders to allow such a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:01 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

My point is though. I really dislike that. It really makes Tribunals just baby Cabals. If someone wishes to end their service with a Tribunal then to a Cabal. I can understand. I think that Tribunals should not have any oathbreaker flags except when it concerns about moving to another Tribunal. Basically, you are terminated your commission (sp) to do something else. Either moving to a Cabal or doing nothing. Although, I would think it would be RP apropriate to move from Tribunal to Tribunal based upon certain IC reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:46 pm 
ThunderWolf wrote:
Muktar wrote:

Actually in some cases you can get a promotion persay and move up to the Cabal from the Tribunal, just really depends on the RP involved and the willingness of the Leaders to allow such a thing.

Sounds like whoever's leading the tribunal in question is an idiot. Tribunals are infinitely better than cabals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:51 pm 
Mortal

How are tribunals better? I see cabals as better, you get nifty skills and spells you could not otherwise get as a tribunal member. Sure law immunity is nice, along with the bodyguard, but that only affects you in your in your homeland. In adventuring or global PK cabals are infinitely better.

Before you say tribunal members have access to spells cabal people don't I'd disagree. Thats what sorcs and bards are for. c summon teona, c summon kin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:18 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

You are right. The skills and spells of the Cabals are better, but the RP in the Tribunals with the world is infinately better. own! I said what I did because a certain cabal tried to force the Tribunal in their area to do their bidding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:33 pm 
One Valiant Truth wrote:
How are tribunals better? I see cabals as better, you get nifty skills and spells you could not otherwise get as a tribunal member. Sure law immunity is nice, along with the bodyguard, but that only affects you in your in your homeland. In adventuring or global PK cabals are infinitely better.

Before you say tribunal members have access to spells cabal people don't I'd disagree. Thats what sorcs and bards are for. c summon teona, c summon kin

Because tribunals don't lose their skill/spell set because of some ancient holy artifact being robbed of them. So all of those years of training, and studying ancient lore is for naught if someone breaks into your house and steals your stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:47 pm 
Hear hear. I can render any cabal's benefits totally moot if I gank their guardian. And better still, if I'm in a particular country as a tribunal member, I can do no wrong. I can do whatever the hell I like, be it steal, charm, or kill, and no guards will give a crap.

I can use those guards to assist me, be it with spells or as a bodyguard.

Better yet, I can boot people out of my country. I can decide whether or not I'll pardon someone, or banish them from my kingdom forever.

As a tribunal, your diplomacy actually means something, and you have no weakness. As a cabal, you're basically anybody's [REDACTED] if they don't like you and they can get five people online at the same time.

I can definitely understand that a newbie might think that cabals are better, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:21 am 
Mortal

own! wrote:
I can definitely understand that a newbie might think that cabals are better, however.

You definately need a higher level of tactical ability and a certain amount of confidence and ego to not OOCly lose your mind when your artifact is taken, etc. And if you're not openly willing to participate in the PK openly, or fit in directly with the leader's philosphies (depite that your character may have been conceieved as fitting/appropriate in your own mind) cabal leaders are not so inclined to accept you into the ranks. I often do see the levels of PK coming out of cabals superior to that coming out of tribunals, and this goes doubly so when the tribunal member is outside of their home kingdom.

I don't think cabals are 'better.' I just think they have a harder learning curve for the tactically challenged.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next