Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:09 am 
Mortal

Ohh, the drama, the suspence! It's like watching a bad soap opera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:14 am 
Can we get a merge on this and the GD thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:20 am 
Mortal

Wow. Definately not what I expected.

It was when I was struggling for time when I first suggested Zelphie get the promotion. I was told she was too new, and to be patient. The struggle I had at the time was knowing I was taking time off, and unfortunately never got to really observe/participate much.

The first impressions I had of the character was that she was driven. She had ideas. I thought she could make things happen. Then again, I recall some of the game related reasons I stepped back. I was pushing and striving for things to happen. It was driving the faith buggy, and I felt others could do better if I was not there to take things in the direction of their own choosing. From what I heard, arrangements/plans were made... 3 driven leaders the faith didn't need, and I had far more serious out of game obligations to take care of... so my departure was an easier decision to make, seeing Lirimear more active, and Zelphie active and making some waves.

I'm terribly sorry things did not go or work out so well. Lirimaer was an established character when I showed up on the scene. She is among those I think of often despite some of our wider personal differences at times. She roleplays that character exceptionally well, she _always_ tries to work things out with people who at least want to try to work with her (even though some of us can be unduly stubborn, sorry Liri).

Zelphie could have risen up. Lirimaer was definately not "in your path," as far as her own status. Amadeo was a HF. He was for a brief time a leader in an organization, which I swiftly resigned from because it was not RP'd/handled well by staff at the time, I felt. I'm sorry things got personal and bent out, but I'm going to defend Lirimaer here, and her player. If there's something to learn here, it's don't bite the hand that's feeding you, especially intentionally.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:24 am 
Mortal

I have to agree with most of the things written above. I liked the character in the beginning. I was spending hours with Aelraen to help her train. For a long time the character was really cool, both as an aludran and a defender of Ayamao. But after a while she started acting strange. It is true that the player was gone for a while which was fine to me at that time. Especially when it's planned because of irl matters. The problems started when you returned and thought that you weren't chosen oocly because of your absence. Or maybe even earlier with other members of the tribunal. Some of them not your fault but you did handle it poorly in many cases, especially for an aludran. Good luck if you roll another and stick to your good role play that I remember, not the late crap. Any flags you want will come. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:11 pm 
Mortal

Quote:
After getting blemished, you went on the warpath saying some really uncouth things about me
That's karma, right there. :P

To be impartial: Yes, Lirimaer can be a pain in-game (disclaimer: I am not mentioning anything about the player here. Just to intercept any silly responses.) However, anyone who takes a wrong in-game turn out of the game and attacks a player personally, directly or indirectly, only ruins the game for others, but mainly for himself.

You didn't/couldn't get what you wanted. Tough [REDACTED]. Either abandon the char or play as-is. Being sore and vindictive about it isn't really going to help much. It's just a character. You can roll another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:01 am 
Mortal

Zelphie was awesome, still feel bad about getting her killed in the Morea caves when i played Draconess though. Im glad to see that all characters arent perfect. And lirimaer, please tell me you are close to age dieing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:34 pm 
Mortal Contributor

SK Character: Elriorith/Enfaustina/Nimolthar
What little I knew her, I liked her. Still, we have not interacted lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:49 am 
Mortal

Complete agreement. Zelphie was great, and then she was crap. Yeah, Zelphie took some hard hits, but I imagine they were things you could have bounced back from, and managed to make her great again. You took the easier road though with the poor me, and the boo hoos.

Good luck with your next, and don't let the small stuff bother you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:33 am 
Mortal

I've taken lots of hard hits.

Gotta keeps it cool. I remember shooting Zelph all the time in Ayamao when she was still a new character. Never really saw her afterwards. Wasn't sure the character existed.

Post subject: .
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 pm 
Mortal

Wow this char was [REDACTED] old. I remember skirmishing against with alongside Inzy and others when I was Boug (?)

Failure is a part of Sk, just like anywhere else. Get back up and try another.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next