Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:01 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
I think your best response would've been after the initial post to not defend yourself, rather, to go make a different character that would silence your critics who were associating Bromus's IC actions with what they perceived as your OOC stubbornness

Granted, I'm a newb and didn't get to spend much time with you in "real" situations, but from various chars I saw a consistent personality and was appreciative of help you gave me. All the arguing here is just losing you points and making Bromus's legacy seem more OOC than RP-driven

...and he sure did leave lighties an interesting situation to sort out that I'd like to believe was the end result of some interesting RP choices rather than anything else, so I'd rather just see you make another char and prove all the haters wrong about you ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:38 pm 
Mortal

Orac wrote:
Bromus' stats are all posted. He wasn't a lighty. Most of the 'lighties' I feel aren't all that lighty. I've always hated the blood thirsty tag that got attached to Bromus. I've let so many people go from the temple and the hero's inn that I think it's totally uncalled for. I've given all kinds of warnings that I don't think others would.

Bromus gave me a warning first time we met and I managed to talk him into letting me keep my charm with me for a moment. Which I then used to attack him :-(

Needless to say I got no more warning, but completely understandable ;-)

See ya next time around man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:43 pm 
I RPed with Bromus a bit (though not too much) and didn't see any problems.

I don't know what the cause for all this angst is on the afterlife from everyone though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:59 am 
Mortal

Quote:
INT: Dim WIS: Naive CHA: Sociable

Yes, Bromus was not so bright, naive and chances are with the charisma of sociable he shouldn't have been a leader of others.

I found him pompus, a bit self rightous and demanding without being polite about it for the most part. He had a habit of only hearing what he wished and foolishly thinking his actions would not have an opposing reaction to them.

However, seems to me those are the things that someone with those stats would do.

Make something different next time. Give yourself a break from the things you don't enjoy so you can enjoy the part of the game that you do.
Good Luck on the next one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:10 pm 
Mortal

So I rarely go through these forums but yet I decided to take a look at this one.... All I have to say is WTF? Orac are you stupid or just 12 years old? My interaction with you was very limited and most of the time it was just you sending mocking tells. Sure you killed me once, attacked with a group while I was unprepared but if I remember you died as well that same fight. Your problem is your as cocky IRL as your character was and neither have a leg to stand on. The Main RP that I ever had with you was when I gave you terms for the truce, you not only turned it down, instulted Bain and then demanded money paid to the queen, So in turn I called you a moron, probally twice...In turn you sent me tells for 15 minutes calling me an idiot, moron [REDACTED] Etc etc etc til I had to turn on quiet mode. I dont talk to hardly anyone oocly and certainly have never talked to Syn nor Edoras. The reason it was the same Rp was because you offered the same non existant RP yourself to others. Syn char was truely the only one of any of the keepers in the last month that would defend exile. EVERYTIME I came to exile she was there even it was just her on she would give it the best she had, dumping guards on me, singing songs etc. She even chased me into the empire a few times. I killed her so many times but she still tried to RP with you about ending the war. Instead you saw her as purposely dying to make the keepers look bad. I know eveyone is suppose to say how awesome your char was and we will miss you but grow up and grow a set. Its not a Occ or IC conspiracy against you, I dont care about you that much nor anyone on this MUD, its a game, thats it and if you delete cause the stress is getting to much for you then perhaps Candyland might be a better game to pick up next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 pm 
Mortal

Hahaha. Nice post Kiran. I'm glad I suffered through the lack of formatting to read it. Try the [enter] key next time though. It's over on the right side of the keyboard :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:10 am 
Mortal

Apart from the formating, that post by Kiran is right on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:03 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Liya
Bromus was very kind and helpful to my lowbie merc (a class I had never played before). Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:00 am 
Mortal

Bromus was a terrible peacekeeper, he honestly would have fit in better with the midnight council in my opinion, he was imperialistic and savage. Better luck with the next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm 
Mortal

I disliked Bromus. His rp mostly suited an imperial rather a peacekeeper.

Wait.. I said rp ? My mistake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next