Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:50 pm 
Mortal

Lolth killed my dog. Thispar ate it.

True story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:36 pm 
Mortal

Lolth wrote:
I just sit in my HQ all day long, with my thumb up my [REDACTED]

at odd hours in the morning, reading that produced the :o face.

I enjoyed my interactions with Thispar, though it was limited. Enjoy your break, I think we all need it from time to time.

As far as the "hours spent playing" note...

I'm too scared to type score :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:42 pm 
Mortal

Make a priest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:37 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: That one guy who pk'd you.
Let's stop dancing around the issue. Dueroril pked Thispar into deletion.

I always enjoy players who pk even if odds are stacked against them. That are willing to atleast give a try and give the other side a chance to have fun too. You don't have to win in sk to have fun. Good luck with your next incarnation and I have to agree with the folks that say Eusd > Thispar. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:33 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
Lolth wrote:
I just sit in my HQ all day long, with my thumb up my [REDACTED]

Remind me never to shake your hand again.

Eusd, don't you see why everyone has been saying these things about you? did you see any "I hated Thispar" or "good riddance"? That means that you have potential, good potential to make wonderful chars. Everyone was trying to give advice and given the accomplishments of some, I would be honored to have them care about me in such a way.
You are a good player to have around just don't try to win SK so much.

to sum up, I really hope to see another of your chars soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:43 am 
Mortal Contributor

Eusd, a tip from me:

When I took a break from Youma and jumped on Adrean for a little while, I played a Hammer character. I decided to get involved pretty much in oh [REDACTED] PK PK PK and LEWT LEWT LEWT and I always wanted to have good [REDACTED] and pretty much stopped enjoying SK for the "right reasons." This has happened with a few of my less documented alts. You push way too hard in one direction and lose focus of the whole game, and it degenerates.

SK is cool because there's the tactical aspect AND the RP aspect to it. Don't sacrifice one for the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:57 am 
Mortal

Tragonis wrote:
Let's stop dancing around the issue. Dueroril pked Thispar into deletion.

I always enjoy players who pk even if odds are stacked against them. That are willing to atleast give a try and give the other side a chance to have fun too. You don't have to win in sk to have fun. Good luck with your next incarnation and I have to agree with the folks that say Eusd > Thispar. :P

Fine you got me. Dueroril pked me so many times I felt the need to delete out of pure shame. Actually I remember when you waited outside of Morea for me and I was actually afraid to leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:17 am 
Mortal

Eusd wrote:
Don't get me wrong Lolth but you sound like the biggest hypocrite.

My advice to you, if you want to take it, is to get off the 'leet-bandwagon'.

You yourself might just be the leader of that bandwagon, You were one of the people to log off when about to be pked. Which by the way should be a curseable offense but I didn't want to tell everyone.

You honestly want to pull out the "YOU DIE ALOT N00B" card? People that claim to have a spotless death record never do anything worth while in fear they will risk their loot. The people that have these spotless record only go out to PK in huge groups.

As for everyone else that had nothing but bad things to say, It pains me to say I'm actually fond of you all and care about your opinions.

Except OA, he has nothing nice to say :(

I'm just kidding OA, I value everyone's opinion but I think everyone has gone through there loot phase, And if you haven't then why is there absolutley no loot to be found?

Let me be the final authority.

You die a lot, newb.

Come back, roll a character, and quit being so fixated on loot and omg rawr PK. Your all-or-nothing attitude is what is damaging your ability to have fun with the game.

I don't think there's a single person out there that has rolled in their first year of play and just dropped tons of people. It takes time to learn, and that is what you need to give it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:48 am 
Quote:
People that claim to have a spotless death record never do anything worth while in fear they will risk their loot.

I am the exception to this rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:45 am 
Mortal

Quote:
And If I roll again I promise you all he/she will be a PAR so people can stop bitchin' about RP.

PAR doesn't really mean you've got good rp behind you. It can just mean you've got yourself a character whose older than most, and has been present in some major events/rped with a few paragons in the past.

Generaly if you're looking for proof you're a good rper, you've already failed.
sure others can judge your rp, but first and foremost you need to have RP for yourself, and not so that it looks cool to those around you. Remember, the good rper is the guy who will sit down in the corner and not talk to anyone because that's his character's portfolio, not the guy who will shape his character portfolio in a way so that he will always seem like the most important bean in the sack.

Anyway. You bothered so much with loot and PK on thispar that every time I got a tell from him, I sighed, expecting to hear something loot/pk related.
Eusd was far better, but it seems you were corrupted by th general 'OMGIMUSTWIN' aura of several SK players. If you do come back, I'm sure you'll do great, though. Enjoy :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next