Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: [Hum Mer] [HAMMER] Thispar Algren Righteous Vindicator of...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 am 
Mortal

[Hum Mer] [HAMMER] Thispar Algren Righteous Vindicator of Morea.

Quote:
oOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOoOOOo
o [Scores] Thispar, Algren Righteous Vindicator of Morea. o
o===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===-===o
o Status: Champion(1) Race: Human Class: Mercenary o
o Kingdom: Taslamar Cabal: Hammer of Light (Member) o
o Coins: zero o
o Carrying: 0/19 items Load: 0.0/369.0 pounds o
o Health: Excellent Mental: Tapped Physical: Worked o
o Attribute points: 0 Wimpy: 0 percent Mode: Kill/aggressive o
o o
o You are standing. o
o You are over one-third of the way to the next level. o
o You have played 338 hour(s) so far. o

o [Attributes] Thispar Algren Righteous Vindicator of Morea. o
o Status: Champion(1) Race: Human Class: Mercenary o
o Age: 31 Sex: Male Size: Medium o
o Alignment: Principled Handiness: Left handed Religion: Pantheist o
o STR: Titanic INT: Brilliant WIS: Wise o
o DEX: Nimble CON: Durable CHA: Sociable o
o Carrying capacity: 20 items with a maximum weight of 369.0 pounds. o

Well this is the end of Thispar, And probably the end of me playing sk. I created Thispar for the purpose for just learning pk, I know I learned quite a lot from playing him though in the process I got really bored with the game. For me it seems the game will never change; some people will always be hoarders, etc. I'd like to make it clear no one pked me into deletion.

I don't know if I will be coming back to SK anytime soon, Perhaps it's time for me to go on a break for a bit. But unlike some people I will not say talk [REDACTED] about SK, It is an enjoyable game and I hope I come back soon. But when I take a look of the hours I played I feel like I can do so much more it actually makes me feel bad.

Thispar was Champ 3 at one time but I reincarnated twice to save loot, which btw its [REDACTED] to attempt to save loot I learned that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:05 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

SK Character: Imolth
I think that you lost your cause in this game. You got too busy trying to Plvl and be a 'cool PKer' that you logically lost interest. Its a pity because I have seen you RP and you can do that good. That is the power of this game, there is always good RP to be found; that is where most of the fun comes from. Try not to look for the best loot or the best combos or the perfect concepts. You have the potential but you lost your way somewhere in the middle. I hope you will be back, wiser and with an even better char.

Thispar gave away an agony, that he HAD to accomplish something, he always seemed on the run, still he was a decent effort. If you want my advice, play a priest. Not so loot dependant and they can find all the RP they want.

[edit] I had to correct this, to make it readable [/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:14 am 
Mortal

Morovik wrote:
I think that you lost your cause in this game. You got too busy trying to Plvl and be a 'cool PKer' that you logically lost interest. Its a pity because I have seen you RP and you can do that good. That is the power of this game, there is always good RP to be found that that is there most of its fun comes from. Try not to look for the best loot or the best combos or the perfect concepts. You have the potential but you lost your way somewhere in the middle. I hope you will be back, wiser and with an even better char.

Thispar gave away an agony, that he HAD to accomplish something, he always seemed on the run, still he was a decent effort. If you want my advice, play a priest. Not so loot Dependant and they can find all the RP they want.

EXACTLY what he said. I remember you when you first started playing SKs and you were a most promising player. Then you got obsessed with loot and whining and trying to achieve stuff, that you somehow - I believe - lost the reason why you play this game. Thus you see those hours of game as "wasted".

I really wish you to "recover" well from your boredom and come back with a new, fresh idea which you will stick to with loyalty and joy.

Be well.

P.S. Yes, you did learn some stuff PK wise. I only wish you didn't have to trash other values of the game in order to. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:17 am 
Mortal

eusd wrote:
it seems the game will never change

did you play 2 taslamaran lighties in a row
maybe that's why?

eusd wrote:
when I take a look of the hours I played I feel like I can do so much more it actually makes me feel bad

yep in a stale game with slow development and low playerbase ><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:18 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Thispar was just a shadow of what Eusd was and could have been. I think you do need a break. Stop worrying about lewt and levels, come back when there is a story in your character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:45 am 
Mortal

I am actually sorry Thispar is gone. Sure, he had his rough spots, but I cannot deny that there was more than a few good laughs at his expense. Never seen someone die so much.

You ought to heed your own advice and take a break, and come back another time to try out something new. It worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:29 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Karsh
Aw, I didn't get to purify you for continuing to use the Abyssal Tower.

Seriously, get off the lewt train. You had really promising, solid RP towards the beginning of Eusd, and I looked forward to seeing him around on my various characters. Then, you got loot obsessed, got obsessed with being "the L33t peekayar!" and you stopped being fun to play with. Every second tell from Eusd in the later years, and Thispar from the outset was "can you get me here?" or "do you know where XYZ is?" or "can you do this that or the other thing?" It got tired really fast. Get back to playing the game and a character, not playing the loot race.

Also, just a suggestion, if you're playing a Hammer, stop bugging Peace Keepers for NPC buffs and gear. You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. If you wanted Keeper spell ups and easy loot access, you should have stuck with Eusd. If you wanted cabal skills/spells, you play a Hammer. The same goes for if you play any cabal with a trib in the same nation. You pick one or the other faction to be in, you don't just get unlimited access to both sets of benefits...and trying to get that just makes you annoying to be around.

Take your break, get your head back in the game, and out of the loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:28 pm 
Mortal

Karma wrote:
Never seen someone die so much.

You obviously don't remember Iori. ZING!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:31 pm 
Mortal

To me RP has always felt forced. I didn't really have a concept in mine with Thispar infact I just created him to learn what I can about PK and areas in sk. And I believe I learned a [REDACTED] load. I can finally lead to ToM, outerplanes, frostfang, mithril dragon, etc. I learned what to do for PK, how to be preped, best ways to get the kill, weapons to use. In my mind I set out to do something and accomplished it.

Though it turned out I was pked more then I pked myself and Rp got really boring. I would log on and there would be no one around the cabal or no one to help me get a suit because I was naked.

I guess its just me but it feels like RP isn't the top priorty of SK. I'm always being chided for being on the loot train but I swear there isn't a person that plays that just runs around in steel armor, EVERYONE cares about what loot they have. And if you don't believe me ask Trag to post the countless times people have logged out before he was ready to PK them.

If I roll again its def going to have a different concept though I am still going to try to learn all that I can about Sk including where everything is.

Thanks to everyone that actually enjoyed playing with Thispar.
To everyone that didn't...thanks to you to, I suppose you got what you wanted.

And If I roll again I promise you all he/she will be a PAR so people can stop bitchin' about RP.

Thats all.

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:46 pm 
Mortal

That's how it goes. I enjoyed Thispar for the most part, it was fun to see him progress even if just from a PvP stand-point. I will second what everyone else said though. In order to really have fun with a character, some sort of concept is required.

I did exactly what you did with Asmodai really. I was coming back to the game after 3 years, and really just because I got bored of WoW and missed the PK on SK. So despite being able to PK quite a few people, I had no concept, and the character became increasingly difficult to play as time progressed, just because the game is based around RP first, PK second. Asmodai pretty much just fizzled out, it's no fun to play characters that have no background.

Take a break though, it's healthy, and I'll tell you you're 100% right about the time investment, there are better things everyone could be doing instead of playing SK, myself included, much like any video game out there. Anyways, Thispar was a fun character though, I liked Eusd as well, if you do make another just give him a decent concept and you'll have a lot more fun.