Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:05 am 
Mortal

Cyra wrote:
Trust me, I only blemish people that deserve it.
That's just PoV.
Even as HF you're not 'superior' to the other player.
What I do when I feel like someone should be blemished, and I get the sense he's going to be miffed OOCly about him is I try to explain it to him OOCly so he or she sees its just my char's PoV and not me just being a [REDACTED] to him and ruining his game. Many people don't see that.
Lirimaer wrote:
You're a plague Cyra on SK. You ruin far too many good characters because you don't like their style, their RP, etc.

This is just PoV as well, though this is more the type of reaction/response that drives me away from SK.

And so is this:
Cyra wrote:
QQ more dude. I blemished you, and then 2 hours later you noticed, and by that time I was ready to log out.
If you can't have fun with the other players, avoid interacting with their characters as much as possible. That's my idea at least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:10 am 
Mortal

I can't stop people from getting pissed off at me when things don't go their way. That being said, I also do not need to tiptoe around on eggshells because other players get emotional about every little thing.

However, from the feedback I'm getting, I'm playing the character absolutely how she should be played.

I guess all of you can glorify another of my dark aura characters :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:18 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
Such a change in dynamic is always going to be rough. I think you could be a little more respectful of the fact the game is for everyone's enjoyment. While I understand that its a rough religion, what makes excellency is how the transition is handled. I'm not saying its sub-standard, but it was a situation where I felt you were totally mindful of your responsibilities as a leader. Such a demonstration of force was really unnecessary.

I think that it was completely possible to pull this same scenario off without creating a need for logs to be sent my way, an outcry on several forum threads, and a deleted character with a player leaving because they feel griefed. That's all. Less dick mode might have made for less headaches. The thing is you covered your bases with RP. Walking the line is fine. Being a dick is fine. I just don't consider it excellent or what I expect of a person who by all rights is capable of being the best leader in this game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:34 am 
Mortal

Said character was on the way out regardless of my actions, and just took a moment to QQ.

I had hoped to try and create some RP with the situation but I got the feeling that the person behind the character couldn't be bothered.

When it's put into perspective the religion lost a character that was inactive, on the way out, and just age died. I wouldn't say that we really lost an asset to the faith.

When I got HF I made it a point to try and RP with everybody in the religion I could. Most of them have been inactive since before I was in it, and they're still inactive. Arabelle was one of those characters.

When I got the chance to speak with her I was thoroughly unimpressed, and felt that the character was out of line with some of the things she was saying. After all, she didn't do a very good job of explaining what she had been and done for the faith. And that's really what I was doing when I spoke with her. I was trying to gather information.

Outside of that, I don't care. Roleplay is roleplay. You just have to roll with the punches as they come at you. I don't think it is necessary to whine like a spoiled brat everytime something doesn't go your way.

I'm sure this won't be the last time that someone has a caveat with roleplaying with one of my characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 am 
Mortal

Achernar wrote:
A blemish is RP. That said, I am truly disappointed to hear that one of the games best RPers found himself unable to roll with the punches that were coming at him. So sorry it seems like you were getting screwed over, but really, wouldn't have been a better story to play along or fight against the blemish?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough...
There was not a single moment I've felt any kind of punch towards me, nor the feeling of getting screwed over. It would take a lot more than.

The only feeling I got, is of a problematic person suffering "inferiority syndrom" to abuse IC power over other players in a desperate efford to saturate his IRL psychological problem and void.

Achernar wrote:
wouldn't have been a better story to play along or fight against the blemish?

Of course and so I did. I knew I was blemished and immediately started preparations to show this so called HF, how vengeance is coming around. Let alone the fact that he suspected it and disconnected immediately.

Achernar wrote:
Overall, my summary is that it is truly a gray area. I can't bring myself to punish Cyra for it, but I don't think everyone should automatically think that XeRo13g is totally in the right either.

This must of been the most diplomatic reply I've seen for quite a long time and I feel the urge to comment you on that.

------------------------------------

The point of my original post was to shake up the player behind that position, no matter who he/she was. Stating the problem in the open is the most popular treatment to people with such complications and it might lead to an improvement if he/she decides to acknowledge the problem itself.

My main concern was and still is that alot of people are unable to react in abusive cases like this, leading to frustration and maybe deletion. All I'm saying here...SK doesn't need that kind of attitude.

Cheers.-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:34 am 
Mortal Philanthropist

Blemish is not light thing to toss around ICly, it is supposed to be used for serious breaks of the code of the church. Sorry, but if you weren't impressed by his record, tough [REDACTED]. When I say serious breaks of code, I mean something like, "You showed him mercy after he killed you?"

Sorry, the blemish was not IC, but an OOC smackdown on everyone. For a reason that only Cyra knows. I know that people think I am biased against Cyra but think about it.

Frollith asks, "How many people besides yourself did you Heal this week?" . . ."No one? Sorry, but it is your mission to go out and heal people."

blemish xxxx

That is what Cyra did, nothing what XeRo13g did was a serious breach of conduct.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:05 pm 
Mortal

Muktar, you don't have the facts of the matter.

Don't voice your opinion when you don't know [REDACTED].

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:08 pm 
Mortal Philanthropist

I could point out facts of the matter but I would get in trouble by the forum mods for doing it. I am just using what you said.