PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm 
Mortal

Aww...
I'll miss you. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:27 pm 
Mortal

Cyra wrote:
QQ more dude. I blemished you, and then 2 hours later you noticed, and by that time I was ready to log out.

If you feel you need to quit playing because an action was taken against a character that you no longer felt like playing then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And with this attitude, it is no wonder faiths with leaders like this lose players. It is no wonder that people quit SK or give up favorite characters.

How can anyone do anything right in the face of such perfection? [/sarcasm]

Blemishing purely because someone is inactive is lame. It isn't something you should be able to do. What happens if he had a valid reason for being inactive?

In fact, the player is saying his character is blemished and he doesn't know why. You as an HF are under obligation to make certain the character knows they are blemished and WHY. You are also under obligation to give them an atonement task. If a player says to you ooc I don't get what is going on or what the task is, you are under obligation to tell them again.

Go check in the High Followers Forum, there is a thread about how blemishment does not show to the person blemished. It could well be several RL hours later before it does show up. There is no echo on the blemishment, nothing changes instantly for them or the high follower.

You're a plague Cyra on SK. You ruin far too many good characters because you don't like their style, their RP, etc.

Arabelle was a good character and loads of fun. Her vow of Silence she took came because of what Jeruvere did to her. I only wish I had been able to see more of Arabelle over time but RL events took me away and once a high ranked darkie goes inactive, you pretty much lose their momentum and have to say bye-bye to them.

Good luck in real life, my dear. You know how to find me to talk if you need to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:18 pm 
Mortal

It's completely idiotic that someone who is not the mood of playing SKs regularly (let's say because he has a LIFE) simply CAN'T keep a character in a faith, because a lamer HF will blemish him! But what less idiotic could someone expect from players who display their ooc hatred for certain players in ever chance. :P I stay on my opinion, that the HF should be punished. :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:00 am 
Mortal

I didn't blemish said character for being inactive.

All of you need to get your panties unknotted. The matter doesn't even concern you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:16 am 
Mortal

I hate to play devil's advocate once more, but seriously you people are attacking Cyra with your pseudo-righteous indignations without even all the facts. You just assume things and go at it.

I personally don't know what happened nor do I particularly care, but I do believe you shouldn't involve yourselves in situations that a) don't involve you or b)you don't know a great deal about.

Whether Cyra did something bad or not I cannot say, but I sure as hell won't be attacking someone with half-assed information.

I apologize to XeRo13g for posting something unrelated to his character in this afterlife thread, I just saw something that wasn't kosher and wanted to comment. I didn't meet this character, but I do wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:43 am 
Mortal

Also, I don't know any detail on the matter, the opinion I express is strictly based on what has been written on this thread. If it was indeed an inactivity blemish, it was unfair. If there were OTHER reasons for the blemish, I may have another opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:22 am 
Immortal

SK Character: Achernar
I read the log. I think that both players were in total dick mode. I concur that a person should get plenty of reasoning when hit with a blemish. I also tend to agree that the faith of Tyranny should have a little bit of the same. I think that the blemisher should definitely have been more direct about why they were blemishing. I also think that if a player uses blemish, they need to outline a specific atonement path at that same instance, not hours later.

A blemish is RP. That said, I am truly disappointed to hear that one of the games best RPers found himself unable to roll with the punches that were coming at him. So sorry it seems like you were getting screwed over, but really, wouldn't have been a better story to play along or fight against the blemish?

I personally could see how Cyra was giving your character a chance to go out with a bang. The statements he used did sound like a true follower of Algorab. I saw the statements that Arabelle made. They seemed very passive and almost weak. That definitely shouldn't be the words of a priest of fear, vengeance, and tyranny. It seemed more like you were a puppy getting put to sleep. Of course, it doesn't feel fun to play when you're on the losing end, but that doesn't make the role any less important or meaningful.

Overall, my summary is that it is truly a gray area. I can't bring myself to punish Cyra for it, but I don't think everyone should automatically think that XeRo13g is totally in the right either.

I don't remember much of the character. I did have a conversation with you about your title once. Silent Spring is a book written by Rachel Carson which is hugely important in the development of the environmental movement. I didn't realize who was behind the keys at that moment. Hopefully you'll find inspiration to come back at some point. You do great work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:27 am 
Mortal

Due to the way both HFs of Fear have their duties mutually allocated amongst each other, I felt it more proper for a priest to be sent to the other HF, and did speak with the other HF about it.

Said player simply didn't give the impression they much felt like RPing though.

The religion is a dick religion, yes. You need to know what you're getting yourself into before picking any religion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:35 am 
Mortal

my suggestion is to always try to RP so that the other party is having fun with it as well. It's not 'the way of the religion', no. Its the way of not being a dick OOCly.

Noone 'has' to do it, but it makes the game more enjoyable and fun when you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:38 am 
Mortal

Trust me, I only blemish people that deserve it.

It's a rough faith. I'm only interested in the people that really want to RP the concepts, not just any joe schmo