Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Aphra
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:26 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
Sorry, this character doesn't really deserve an afterlife thread but I didn't want anyone to wonder where she'd gone.

On my only free day (well, a half day - I had the whole house to myself with no work and no kids) I spent my entire day trying to recover corpse after corpse and died like a thousand times, and for someone who doesn't have much time to play, it's just not very fun and not the way I want to spend the day. I'm just not that impressed with warlocks and I'm not a good or active enough player to play something so squishy, or a darkie when there's so many lighties around.

It sucks because I really enjoyed the RP and the people I was playing with. Never got her in the MC, only the Legion; I was saving it for Grand Master but I could only get her to expert with my lack of time. Maybe ONE DAY I'll be able to have a successful MC character or a darkie... le sigh! Maybe I'll unretire her as an alt when there's more darkies around.

Post subject: Re: Aphra
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:53 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Theodoric
Hey Jennbo. May I suggest not jumping into PK, especially summon attempt PK, when you're not fully prepped for it? You really were getting after it there. Good luck with your next.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:57 pm 
Mortal

patrisaurus wrote:
Hey Jennbo. May I suggest not jumping into PK, especially summon attempt PK, when you're not fully prepped for it? You really were getting after it there. Good luck with your next.

I was PKed three times today after being dragged along to a PK I couldn't even see and had no idea what was going on because I was blind, but I died on my own like 50 times after that. I didn't even mind the PKs but before today, it was like every time I logged into this character I couldn't even train because I was constantly dying. I don't remember dying this much on other characters or classes I've played.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:01 pm 
Mortal

I mean, you know darkies are pretty desperate when they're asking expert level, naked perma-noobs to participate in PK. One of you big time vets should roll darkie!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 pm 
Mortal

I enjoyed Aphra. Warlocks, believe it or not, are a difficult class to play. Ironguard is useless with all the wooden spears and crap most NPCs throw. The majority of thrown weapons aren't steel. Just the daggers. Everything else is wooden so it actually makes ironguard almost useless in the pve scene. Especially when you're using earthquake, fireball or any room affecting spell.

Anyways, good luck on your next.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:54 pm 
Mortal

Do we really have to derail even afterlife threads with that kind of stuff?

Good luck on your next, jen. Hope things turn fun for you.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Pilnor, Surrit, Berr, Rall
Why are you trolling a guy for not wanting to play a leadership position in someone else's afterlife thread?

Sorry that Aphra was a disappointing look at warlocks, jennbo. Warlocks are kinda rough to play, especially if you get into a PK rut before getting too strong. I hope you enjoy your next!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:50 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
Believe it or not, Aphra, your name came up a few times for MC membership, and you were even considered for the #2 slot in the Legions.
I'm sorry that it did not work out for you, and hopefully, you'll return soon, with a character that matches your play a bit better.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm a permanoob in a leadership slot, who gets killed a lot, too. It's something I'm just coming to accept.

Don