Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paco - Reorcyn, Savax, some guy with a stupid Japanese n
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:13 pm 
Mortal

Valkyrion wrote:
Saw a Yigg log of Paco crying because someone pk'd Yigg.

Was that the death of Yigg, when Yopparai become an IMM? Some of this stuff is really hard to remember, I was 16 years old and used to skip school and drop acid and play SK all day.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:23 pm 
Mortal

There's like 4 or 5 characters I played for a decent amount of time that I'm drawing a blank on the names.

This is what it feels like trying to remember their names:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:16 pm 
Mortal

PacoJamalWarner wrote:
Valkyrion wrote:

Was that the death of Yigg, when Yopparai become an IMM? Some of this stuff is really hard to remember, I was 16 years old and used to skip school and drop acid and play SK all day.

According to the log this is the one who killed Yigg.

Code:
A statue of Calkro in YIGG's Incomplete Office.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 pm 
Mortal

PacoJamalWarner wrote:
There's like 4 or 5 characters I played for a decent amount of time that I'm drawing a blank on the names.

This is what it feels like trying to remember their names:

Here's what I remember:

My very first character was a drow hellion, name I can't remember. I rolled him with Joel after we found the MUD when we were 15 or 16, can't remember what he was but pretty sure his character was named Corgith. Joined Ariakas faith. Met Balfour, who was played by Finney. Saw Balfour get f'd over by Ariakas (either player deletion or skill reset), and didn't care too much for it so I deleted and re-rolled a new character. Probably got up to level 25, had no idea what I was doing.

2nd character was Savax, neutral human swash follower of Yigg. This is when I started to figure out PK. Never hit 40, but was still pretty beastly. Finney created Ashmodai, a neutral human sorc. Balfour and Ashmodai provided all the information and experience Finney would need to make Damacon the A1 murder machine he was during the Blood Wars. We spent most of our time PKing other groups of guys who had been the notorious PKers. PK was still mostly frowned on. Most of those guys were from Wisconsin and went to college with the original IMMs. Had OP items and stats from when you could remort from a centaur to anything and have 1500 HP. I remember at least 3 groups of 4 or more a-holes that we killed until they quit. Also, had a lot of fun RP with Yopparai and whoever the priest of Yigg was (drawing a blank). Got to see Yopparai ascend to IMMhood and replace Yigg and the priest became an IMM also. Good people.

At some point, I played a griffin scout named Dercerias. Only lighty I ever played. Pretty sure he was in the Hammer. I want to say I created him because Finney quit for a while. Had fun with him. Mapped pretty much the whole world with him. Found out you could crash the mud by copying and pasting my giant map with all the color tags into a note to post on the in-game message boards.

I also played a neutral sprite swashbuckler at some point during this time. Can't remember the name, but he was my silly RP guy.

Reorcyn. Human rogue. My favorite character, my most famous character, my most loathed character. Me, Joel, and Finney got the band back together with Reorcyn, Ralhn and Damacon. Started in Teron, but Finney laid out all the RP to bring Krychire and the Adepts back which was pretty cool. Until then, it'd had been dormant and a place where paladins went to break the law and fight undead guards to level up. Fayne probably got level drained as much XP in the Blood Wars as he got from grinding the town guards. The Blood Wars ran it's course, and Damacon was retired. Was always angry Reorcyn never made hero, even though I had the XP for it and I was pretty much the only rogue of any note at the time. In the IMMs defense, I was an a-hole both IC and OOC. In my defense, I was 17. The only redemption I got was being nearby when Cyndre dropped dead the first time he logged in after implementing old age death. I looted all his equipment off his corpse, including the HP regen stuff that he'd been hoarding forever. Carried around his corpse in the sailor's dufflebag forever until I found a scout I trusted to skin it. Made a pair of boots out of that skin. Was a follower of Nightfall, even though he was inactive the entire time. Tried to take control of the religion, made some people angry IC/OOC, and Nightfall made a return just to reset all my skills. Reorcyn was pretty old by that time so I was done. He was a beast of a character. Had 1000+ HP without equipment or remorting from another race (that never existed when I played, that was old school SK), could go toe to toe with a warrior if he had to, at least long enough for a necro or sorc to torch whoever he was fighting. Double-handed piercing mithril sword could kill just about anyone who wasn't a barbarian with counterstrike in one hit with a backstab. Circlestabs with it would take anywhere from 33% to 50% of a person's health. I imagine those types of things don't exist any more.

Shigehiro. Everything I said before in my post. Probably my most mature character.

Created a neutral human rogue, who's name I can't remember, when Finney created Lorzatu. I think he followed Achernar? This was about the time I burnt out. Also, playing my 2nd rogue wasn't that much fun. I want to say he got up to level 40 or so, with little fanfare.

Probably created a dozen other characters that never got past level 10. At the time I quit, I had an idea for a dwarven mercenary that was obsessed with gold. Never saw that one to fruition.

I don't think I ever played a spellcaster past level 10. I created several priests over the years because I knew I would be busy, but wanted to still be able to log on occasionally and RP, maybe throw a rez or two but not get so heavily involved in PK. Never got them past the newbie areas.

Last edited by PacoJamalWarner on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm 
Mortal

Valkyrion wrote:
PacoJamalWarner wrote:
Valkyrion wrote:

According to the log this is the one who killed Yigg.

Code:
A statue of Calkro in YIGG's Incomplete Office.

Ooooooooh, ok. I remember that now. Yigg had come down to RP with me, Yopparai and the dwarf high priest guy (god, I should be able to remember his name). And then someone, somehow, killed him (final strike, maybe? I'm fuzzy on how you could kill an IMM). So I tried to RP watching your God die.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm 
Mortal

Also, I don't think any of my characters ever hit 50 except Reorcyn. Very few got past 40.

Leveling sucked from the time I started and most of the time I played. The majority of the IMMs were inactive, so very little building was being done and the leveling areas were sporadic at best. The emphasis of the game was on RP. The entire 40-50 end game plan was either XP from casting spells/healing, XP rewards for RP, or get outlawed in an opposite aura kingdom and kill the guards that pop up (they were always the same level or a level above you). It's been 15 years (statute of limitations or whatever) so I'll go ahead and say that I only got Reorcyon from level 46 to 50 through a pretty ingenious exploit involving a pet succubus as a tank, the level 50 NPC in Krychire who sold the succubi whose attacks the succubus was immune to, circlestabbing from behind the succubus and leaving the area then waiting for the respawn. The only reason I was never caught was that I wasn't an idiot about it and would do it once every morning for 1/4 to 1/3 a level's worth of XP instead of just banging out the 3 hardest levels in two hours. I'm pretty sure I told someone about it and then they ruined it for everyone by abusing it. Towards the end though, they started promoting a ton of pretty great players to IMMs - Yopp, Bugtussle, Dalamar are just a couple I remember, but that was the first time any new areas started being built in the years I played.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:04 am 
Mortal

As I remember Yigg had been demoted to a lower level. The rumours were that this was due to not keeping enough hours up.

Again, rumours, but I think this was 52. Which had some imm powers but didn't make him immortal.

Then, as he's down amongst us lot thinking he's invincible Calkro killed him.

Also, I think he did it without final strike.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 am 
Mortal

Tumrall wrote:
As I remember Yigg had been demoted to a lower level. The rumours were that this was due to not keeping enough hours up.

Again, rumours, but I think this was 52. Which had some imm powers but didn't make him immortal.

Then, as he's down amongst us lot thinking he's invincible Calkro killed him.

Also, I think he did it without final strike.

Ok, it's starting to come back to me now. I also want to say there was some sort of a toggle for immortality on and off (that gave you both the (Immortal) aura and made you invulnerable to everything), and he didn't have it turned on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:35 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Adalwulf, Whinston, Eberhardt
PacoJamalWarner wrote:
Yeah, so I started playing this game when I was 16. I'll be 32 later this year. I feel old. I haven't checked in here in a while. Is anyone from before 2000 still around?

I still play. Much less than I used to, lately.

Don

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:40 pm 
Mortal

Did you also play a diabolic Ariakas swashbuckler named Benladio?

I still remember you linking to rotten.com on three's old log site. Scarred me for a long time... you hairy yak-ass.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next