Shattered Kingdoms

Where Roleplay and Tactics Collide
VOTE NOW!
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paco - Reorcyn, Savax, some guy with a stupid Japanese n
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm 
Mortal

Imperialistic_Babble wrote:
Damn, theres a name I didn't think i'd see around here again - glad to hear you're still doing alright. Finney, Ardith, Rehginn, and a handful of us other oldies are still playing - Thran also pops up randomly as well. You planning on playing again?

I don't play, I troll the forums now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:02 pm 
Mortal

SK Character: Kaylia, Koketsu, Xiaolian
<3 P <3 A <3 C <3 O <3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 am 
Mortal

Minette wrote:
i remember you pacopacopacopacopaco

your hellion was awesome

i started playin when Hero was on its way out, the end of Blood Wars

Lorias/Arkania/etc

Hey, I remember Lorias. What's up?

One of my only regrets was never seeing that hellion all the way through. I always enjoyed RP as much as PK, but when playing characters like Savax (a drunken psychopath) and Reorcyn (a downright son of a [REDACTED]), the RP just came across as justification for mass murder (everyone Savax and Ashmodai killed totally deserved it, though... the Damacon/Reorcyn/Ralhn/Jadow/Mortifair reign of terror was a bit overkill). But after the Blood War, everything was so black and white regarding "good" countries vs. "evil" countries, and I wanted to do something different by having a hellion who was a Zhenshi nationalist. I pictured Shigehiro as an Oda Nobunga type, honorable yet warlike and bloodthirsty; with him eventually becoming a tyrant. It was probably before it's time; but browsing the forums it seems like that concept has been done quite a few times in the past 12 or so years since I last played.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:35 am 
Mortal

FinneyOwnzU wrote:
PacoJamalWarner wrote:
Yeah, so I started playing this game when I was 16. I'll be 32 later this year. I feel old. I haven't checked in here in a while. Is anyone from before 2000 still around?

What up, playah? I started playing again about two years ago. I know Joel still plays every now and then, but I haven't talked to him in a couple years. Rehginn is still around, too. Not sure about anyone else from back then.

Hey buddy, I was playing the ESO beta and realized I missed the days when you did all the heavy lifting on the number-crunching and game theory.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:47 am 
Mortal

I guess the last time I talked to most of you, I was working at a radio station in Dallas. Eventually, I became the local producer for Howard Stern, but I saw the writing on the wall when he was headed to satellite radio and got out. Probably the smartest thing I ever did, because everyone I know who stuck with it is now unemployed. After that, I did the Bukowski thing for a couple years, drinking a bunch and trying to be a writer. Played a little WoW. Eventually went back to college and got a degree in game design that soured me to video games for a while. Learned Photoshop, video-editing, motion graphics and all that jazz while I was there, and got a job at a software company in Dallas where I've been for 6 years now, doing media production and marketing stuff. Started doing stand-up comedy 3 years ago, it's going alright: http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestof/20 ... n-2819508/ Mostly in Dallas, Austin and little nowhere towns in Texas, but I've got a midwest tour planned through Cleveland-Chicago-Milwaukee-Madison-Minneapolis once everything thaws out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:00 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Airkli
You sound interesting. Too interesting for SK. Get fat, unemployed, go live in Mom's basement - then come back and try to be an SKer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:01 am 
Mortal

archaicsmurf wrote:
You sound interesting. Too interesting for SK. Get fat, unemployed, go live in Mom's basement - then come back and try to be an SKer.

I miss those days, I feel like that's when I did some of my best work.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 am 
Mortal

SK Character: Amorette
PacoJamalWarner wrote:
I guess the last time I talked to most of you, I was working at a radio station in Dallas. Eventually, I became the local producer for Howard Stern, but I saw the writing on the wall when he was headed to satellite radio and got out. Probably the smartest thing I ever did, because everyone I know who stuck with it is now unemployed. After that, I did the Bukowski thing for a couple years, drinking a bunch and trying to be a writer. Played a little WoW. Eventually went back to college and got a degree in game design that soured me to video games for a while. Learned Photoshop, video-editing, motion graphics and all that jazz while I was there, and got a job at a software company in Dallas where I've been for 6 years now, doing media production and marketing stuff. Started doing stand-up comedy 3 years ago, it's going alright: http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestof/20 ... n-2819508/" target="_BLANK Mostly in Dallas, Austin and little nowhere towns in Texas, but I've got a midwest tour planned through Cleveland-Chicago-Milwaukee-Madison-Minneapolis once everything thaws out.

Holy [REDACTED], kick [REDACTED], I'm a huge fan of Doug Stanhope. If you make it big you gotta shout out to the little text-based RPG MUD Shattered Kingdoms and get our numbers up! I sadly agree with archaicsmurf, you DO sound too interesting to play SK. I'm not from the same time as you - a little later, my first character was Elshare - but maybe you know the girl who introduced me? Her SK handle was wynter_dream, real name was Alex. Anyway I'm just clearly gushing here like a fangirl and I'll stop.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:41 am 
Mortal

ladyjennbo wrote:
PacoJamalWarner wrote:
I guess the last time I talked to most of you, I was working at a radio station in Dallas. Eventually, I became the local producer for Howard Stern, but I saw the writing on the wall when he was headed to satellite radio and got out. Probably the smartest thing I ever did, because everyone I know who stuck with it is now unemployed. After that, I did the Bukowski thing for a couple years, drinking a bunch and trying to be a writer. Played a little WoW. Eventually went back to college and got a degree in game design that soured me to video games for a while. Learned Photoshop, video-editing, motion graphics and all that jazz while I was there, and got a job at a software company in Dallas where I've been for 6 years now, doing media production and marketing stuff. Started doing stand-up comedy 3 years ago, it's going alright: http://www.dallasobserver.com/bestof/20 ... n-2819508/" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK" target="_BLANK Mostly in Dallas, Austin and little nowhere towns in Texas, but I've got a midwest tour planned through Cleveland-Chicago-Milwaukee-Madison-Minneapolis once everything thaws out.

Holy love, kick rear, I'm a huge fan of Doug Stanhope. If you make it big you gotta shout out to the little text-based RPG MUD Shattered Kingdoms and get our numbers up! I sadly agree with archaicsmurf, you DO sound too interesting to play SK. I'm not from the same time as you - a little later, my first character was Elshare - but maybe you know the girl who introduced me? Her SK handle was wynter_dream, real name was Alex. Anyway I'm just clearly gushing here like a fangirl and I'll stop.

The name doesn't ring a bell, it's tough to remember though because people would have anywhere from 2-6 or more characters a year, plus there was the old Yahoo! message board days when we all used YIM, and I barely remember those user names. These forums weren't even around when I was.

Stanhope is awesome, I've opened for him twice now in Dallas. The first time he was really laid back, but the 2nd time he was insanely prepared with notepads of his set because he was preparing to record "Beer Hall Putsch" (which is awesome, anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out on Netflix just for the strangely sweet story about his mother killing herself). His girlfriend Bingo and my girlfriend hit it off pretty well. Also, the guy that opens for him the whole tour, Junior Stopka, is hilarious. The crowd that night didn't get him at all, but he's awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:56 pm 
Mortal

Saw a Yigg log of Paco crying because someone pk'd Yigg.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next